TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Download Application Form, Check Last Date | Amma Scooter Scheme Apply Online, Eligibility Details – To make the women of the country strong and self-reliant, many schemes are being run smoothly by the central and state governments. In this direction, Tamil Nadu State Government has also started Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, through which working women of the state will be benefitted. The foundation of this scheme was laid in the year 2018, under which two wheelers are provided to the employed women of the state at a subsidized price. Under the Tamil Nadu Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, gearless or auto-geared vehicles are provided to working women to make their travel safe and easy. [Also read- Pudhumai Penn Scheme Launched, 6,500 Students to Benefit from Rs. 1000]
Today, through this article, we will tell you about all the necessary information related to TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, such as:- Purpose, Benefits, Features, Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required, Application Process etc. [Also read- Tamil Nadu Naan Mudhalvan Scheme: Online Registration, Eligibility & Selection]
Tamil Nadu Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2022
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme was started by the Tamil Nadu State Government in February 2018 to make the poor and economically weak employed women of the state strong and self-reliant. Through this scheme of the state government, women-friendly two wheelers are provided at concessional rates to the working women to make their journey to their enterprises, places of employment etc. easy and safe. Under the TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, a maximum discount of 50% or up to Rs 25,000, whichever is less, is provided by the beneficiary women on the purchase of two wheelers. Along with this, special retro fitted three wheeler scooters will also be made available to disabled women by the state government under this scheme. [Also read- (Registration) TN illam Thedi Kalvi Scheme 2022: Application Form]
Overview of TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
|Scheme Name||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched By||By Tamil Nadu State Government|
|Beneficiaries||Employed Female Citizens of the State|
|Objective||To make Employed Women Empowered and Self-reliant|
|Benefits||Two Wheelers at Subsidized Price|
|Category||Tamil Nadu Government Schemes|
Objective of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The main objective of the TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme launched by the Tamil Nadu State Government is to empower the working women of the poor and weaker sections of the economic background of the state. Under this scheme, two wheelers will be provided to the women employed as per their need at a concessional price, so that the beneficiary women will be able to travel easily to their places of work without being dependent on anyone. Along with this, special retro fitted three wheeler scooters will also be provided to the disabled women through this scheme of the state government. Through this scheme, the standard of living of the working women of the state will increase and they will also become strong and self-reliant. [Also read- Tnvelaivaaippu Registration & Renewal: TN Employment Exchange User ID Login]
Benefits and Features of TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- The foundation of the Tamil Nadu Amma Two Wheeler Scheme started by the Government of Tamil Nadu was laid in February 2018, under which the working women of the state are benefitted.
- Through this scheme, two wheelers are provided at concessional rates to the poor and economically weaker working women of the state.
- With the help of two wheeler available under this scheme, the beneficiary women can travel on their own without being dependent on anyone at their places of work.
- Through this scheme, about 1 lakh eligible women of the state are benefitted every year.
- This scheme launched by the Tamil Nadu state government has been implemented in all rural and urban areas of the state.
- Under the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, a subsidy of up to 50% of the cost of the vehicles or Rs 25,000, whichever is less, is provided by the state government on the purchase of two wheelers by eligible women.
- Along with this, the beneficiary women can pay the balance amount of the cost of the vehicles with their own money or by taking a loan from the bank.
- The amount of subsidy provided by the state government is directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiary women.
- Apart from this, special retro-fitted three-wheeler scooters are also made available to women with disabilities under this scheme.
Beneficiaries of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- Such women who are involved individually or collectively as a group for livelihood activity or wage employment.
- All such working women who have to travel long distances daily for work.
- Women who are employed as earning workers in establishments and shops.
- Along with this, women who work as the primary earning member of their family.
- Apart from this, those women who are registered as laborers in any organized or unorganized sectors.
- Such women who are employed in daily wage, consolidated wage, contract employment etc.
- Those women who are self-employed and are involved in small business or are sellers of food products etc. will also be considered eligible.
- Banking correspondent / banking facilitator and ASHA workers will also be considered eligible to get benefits under TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Eligibility Criteria
To avail the benefits of any government scheme, candidates are required to fulfill certain eligibility criteria related to that scheme. Similarly, such interested candidates who want to get the benefits of TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, it will be mandatory for them to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- To get the benefits of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, the applicant must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu state.
- It will be mandatory for the applicant to be a working woman of Tamil Nadu state.
- Along with this, the age of the applicant woman should be between 18 years to 40 years.
- Female applicants should have driving knowledge and must be a verified driver.
- Apart from this, it will be necessary for the applicant to have a valid two wheeler driving license.
- Women holding Learner License Registration (LLR) will also be considered eligible under this scheme.
- Under the TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, only one woman will be benefited from each family of the state.
- Along with this, the annual income of the beneficiary woman should not exceed Rs. 2,50,000.
- Applicant women should have appeared for a minimum preliminary examination or equivalent (passed/failed).
- Apart from this, it has been decided to give priority to the following categories of women under this scheme:-
- Working women living in remote places
- Hilly regions
- women-headed households
- Deserted women
- Destitute widows
- Differently abled women
- Unmarried women aged above 35 years
- Scheduled Caste/Tribes
- Proof for Age (18 to 40) / Date of birth
- Proof for Residence such as-
- EPIC card
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- Utility Bills etc., in the Applicant’s name
- Driving License / Learner License Registration (LLR) issued by the competent authority
- Income Certificate issued by Employer / Self Certification
- Proof of Employment issued by the Employer/Organization/Project Head/Society in case of Wage / Salaried employment.
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualification/Appearance for 8th standard exam (Transfer Certificate, SSLC, etc.,)
- Passport size photograph
- Proof to establish membership of priority category, wherever applicable
- Community Certificate (in case of SC/ST category)
- Differently Abled Identity Card issued by the competent authority
- Quotation/Proforma invoice of the vehicle.
Procedure to Apply under TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
Such eligible female citizens of Tamil Nadu state who want to apply to get the benefits under the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme, they will be required to follow the following guidelines:-
- First of all you have to download the application form for Tamil Nadu Amma Two Wheeler Scheme from the official website. You can also get this application form free of cost from your nearest block office, urban local body office or collectorate.
- Now you have to enter the details of all the necessary information asked in this application form, such as:- name, date of birth, gender etc.
- After this you will have to attach all the important documents asked with the application form. Now you have to submit the application form and attached documents to your nearest concerned Block Offices / Urban Local Bodies (ULBs).
- You can also submit this application form in person or through speed post. You will then be provided with a unique Application Number, which will contain a ULB/RLB code as well as the serial number running within the ULB/RLB.