The Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme has been started by the Delhi government to provide benefits to the citizens of its state. Through this scheme, the state government will provide a premium intra-city bus service to all citizens with higher fares than other buses. Under this scheme, the buses owned or run by the Delhi Transport Corporation have been included by the state government. In today’s article, we are going to provide you with all the important information related to Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme 2024. [यह भी पढ़ें- वैक्सीनेशन ऑन व्हील्स योजना दिल्ली: Vaccination on Wheels लाभ व कार्य प्रणाली]
Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme 2024
The Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme 2024 has been started by the Delhi government to provide benefits to the citizens of the state. High-end private buses will be introduced by the government in the state through this scheme, seats under all these buses can be reserved by the citizens of the state through the Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme using a smartphone app. Additionally, it is part of a strategy to entice car owners to use public transport. At present there are around 7,379 public buses plying in the state of Delhi, out of which 300 are electric buses. [यह भी पढ़ें- e-district Delhi: ई डिस्ट्रिक्ट पोर्टल ऑनलाइन पोर्टल रजिस्ट्रेशन, लॉगिन करें]
Overview of Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme
|Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme
|By Delhi Govt
|Citizens of the state
|Using mobile app by passengers to reserve seats in these buses
|Mobile app will be used by passengers to reserve seats in these buses
|Delhi Government Schemes
Objectives of Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme
The main objective of Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme 2024 is to provide the facility of mobile apps to all the passengers of the state to reserve seats in these buses. Apart from this, through this scheme, the public transport of the capital will be made comfortable, safe and punctual by the state government. [यह भी पढ़ें- AIIMS Delhi Online Appointment कैसे ले?, OPD Registration & Timing]
Benefits and Features of Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme 2024
- The Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme has been started by the state government to make the state’s public transport “comfortable, safe and punctual”.
- This scheme has been started with this goal, so that the use of private vehicles is minimized by the middle class and upper-middle class residents.
- Apart from this, through this scheme, all citizens will be allowed to book their seats through a mobile app, this type of scheme has been started in the state for the first time.
- Passengers will not have to stand in the buses coming under this scheme started by the Delhi government, that’s why the fare of these buses will be higher than other Delhi Transport Corporation owned or managed buses.
- Along with this, no women of the state will be allowed to travel in these buses free of cost.
- These premium buses will be operated by private companies instead of the government, WiFi, CCTV, GPS, a panic button and other facilities will be included by the state government under the buses to be released through the Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme 2024.
By Whom Can These Buses Be Operated?
Private aggregator buses will be operated as per the Delhi Premium Bus Service Scheme by the citizens paying the license fee to the Delhi government. Permission to operate in premium bus service has been granted by the government to only CNG and electric buses less than three years old. Under this scheme, the license fee will not have to be paid for the electric buses used in the service.
First Routine of Buses in Delhi
White Line buses in Delhi were operated by the government between 2000 and 2012, connecting fixed locations within the city as well as between Delhi and Noida. A directive of the government was followed by these buses, all these were private buses. Additionally a fixed itinerary was also followed by these buses since these whiteline buses were stage carriages, hence incredibly preferred by office commuters as well as people moving between Noida and Delhi.
In addition, they made all the stops along the designated routes, initially the number of Whiteline buses was about 700. All these buses were more luxurious and of higher quality than the standard buses. This was followed by a decline in the number of buses, the establishment of the Metro and less demand during off-peak hours, among other factors, and their subsequent off-roading.