Kerala Fibre Optical Network Scheme Apply Procedure | Kerala KFON Scheme Application Form, Check Eligibility – The Kerala KFON Scheme, which was created during the first term of the Chief Minister of the state, Pinarayi Vijayan, is one of the major ongoing projects in the state. The scheme has been formally launched by the Government of Kerala on Monday, June 5, high speed internet facility will be provided through this scheme in all the houses and government offices of the state. With this, all the citizens of the state will be able to do all the necessary work using the internet and can also download all the necessary things. In today’s article, we are going to provide you with all the important information related to Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme. [Also Read- MEDISEP Hospital List District Wise Medcard Full Hospital List PDF]
Kerala Fibre Optical Network Scheme 2023
Kerala KFON Scheme is primarily acting as the infrastructure provider, with 375 Point-of-Presence (POPs) spread over an optical fiber cable network of 30,000 km length across the state. This infrastructure will be easily accessible to both cable operators and other service providers in the state, through this scheme all cable work can be easily done by government offices, unlike private, regional internet service providers But the individual recipients have to depend. In addition, internet services in various areas are provided by Kerala Vision Broadband, a project of cable TV providers. [Read More]
The benefit of Kerala KFON Scheme will also be provided to the private service providers of the state, all of whom can easily use the cable network of this scheme. Through this, internet connectivity to homes will be provided by local ISPs, TSPs and cable TV providers. [Also Read- Kerala Pensioners Portal: Registration, Login @ pension.treasury.kerala.gov.in]
Overview of Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme (KFON)
|Scheme Name||Kerala KFON Scheme|
|Launched By||By the Government of Kerala|
|Beneficiaries||Citizen of Kerala State|
|Objective||Providing high-speed broadband internet access to every household and government building|
|Benefits||High-speed broadband internet facility to be provided to every household and government building|
|Category||Kerala Government Schemes|
Objectives of Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme (KFON)
The main objective of Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme 2023 is to provide high speed internet connection facility in homes and government offices. KFON is being used in the telecommunications industry to demonstrate the CPI(M)’s commitment to the public sector, which is dominated by private businesses. Only modest infrastructure in rural areas exists with current TELCOS, according to the government, in addition to providing only a small amount of their wireless connectivity infrastructure. Additionally, private telecom companies are not keen on improving broadband infrastructure as there are very few business opportunities in rural areas. [Read More]
The state’s current information infrastructure connecting government offices, the Kerala State Wide Area Network, can only connect 3,800 buildings. Keeping this in mind the decision to make Kerala KFON Scheme 2023 has been taken in 2017 for reliable, interoperable, secure and efficient service delivery. [Also Read- Ksheerasree Portal: Farmer Registration @ ksheerasree.kerala.gov.in, Know SmartId]
Kerala KFON Scheme 2023 Coverage
Under this, 14,000 BPL families and 30,000 government offices of the state will be connected in the first phase of the Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme 2023 launched by the Government of Kerala. Under this, 17,412 government buildings and 2,105 households had connectivity as of 5 June, and a cable network was set up to connect 9,000 households. Apart from this, internet speed from 10 Mbps to 10 Gbps has been promised by the Kerala KFON Scheme. Apart from this, information has also been received that mobile phone calls will be made of high quality. The transition to 4G and 5G will be accelerated after KFON connects to mobile towers in Kerala.
Services Provided under Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme
- The main goal of the Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme 2023 is to create an information highway (core network infrastructure) with open access to all service providers and a reliable, secure and scalable intranet, connecting all government agencies and educational institutions.
- Connectivity to government buildings, dark fiber leasing, internet leased lines, fiber to the home, WiFi hotspots, co-location of properties under network operation centers, over-the-top (OTT), and cloud hosting, etc. It is included in the primary tasks of the scheme.
- The Infrastructure Provider (Category 1) and Internet Service Provider (Category B) licenses to this scheme were granted by the Central Department of Telecom.
- Through the Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme (KFON), dark fiber fiber optic lines, towers, duct space, networks, and other necessary infrastructure to build an optic fiber network can be obtained by all citizens thanks to the KFON IP license.
Benefits and Features of Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme 2023
- The benefit of Kerala KFON Scheme 2023 will be provided by the state government to all the citizens of the state of Kerala.
- About 20 lakh houses of the state will be covered by the state government through this scheme. Apart from this, the private network owners of the state will be able to get the benefit of this scheme.
- E-governance will also be promoted to a great extent through this scheme, 100 BPL families will be selected for the program from all the 140 assembly districts of the state.
- Under this scheme, 1500 crore rupees have been allocated by the state government to cover the distance of 30000 km.
- 14000 BPL families and 30000 government offices of the state will be connected by the state government in the first phase of this scheme.
- As an infrastructure provider, this scheme will act exclusively, speeding up internet connections as well as phone calls through this scheme will have a positive impact.
- Kerala KFON Scheme The transition to 4G and 5G will gain momentum once mobile towers are connected in Kerala.
- High speed internet will be provided to all homes and government buildings through the Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme (KFON).
- Kerala has become the first state to provide high speed internet connection, further proving that the internet is a fundamental right for all citizens.
Internet Rates under Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme
|Plan details||Amount per month||Limit|
|Basic plan||299 rupees||20 Mbps (3000 GB per month)|
|Highest plan||1249 rupees||250 Mbps 5000 GB per month|
Eligibility of Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme
- It is mandatory for the citizens who want to get the benefit of this scheme to be a native of the state of Kerala.
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to all categories of citizens of the state.
Procedure to Register on Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme
All the citizens of the state who want to register on the portal of Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme 2023 can register on the portal of this scheme by following the following procedure:-
- First of all you have to go to the official website of Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme, after that the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of Click Here for Register, after that the next page will open in front of you.
- Now you have to choose one of the options available in the section of Apply Online, after that the registration form will open in front of you.
- Now, enter all the required details in the form like name, mobile number, email id, address, pin code etc.
- After this you have to click on the submit option, by following this process you can register under Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme (KFON).
Dear readers, we have tried to provide you important information related to Kerala Fiber Optical Network Scheme 2023 through this article. Apart from this, if you want to get any other kind of information related to this scheme, then you can get solution to your problem by contacting through helpline number and email id, the contact details under this scheme are as follows:-
- Address: Kerala State Information Technology Infrastructure Limited, 1st Floor, Sanketika, PF Road, Vrindavan Garden, Pattom PO, Thiruvananthapuram- 695004
- Email ID: [email protected]
- Phone No.: 0471-2969640, 4068006