MEDISEP Scheme Online Registration & Benefits | Kerala MEDISEP Scheme or Medisep ID Card Download – Kerala MEDISEP Scheme is a health insurance scheme started by the Government of Kerala, under which health insurance is provided to the government employees and pensioners of the state. The state government has also started an online portal or official website related to this scheme for the convenience of the beneficiaries, using which the beneficiary can register, login and get the employee health insurance details. Through this portal, any working or pensioner employee of any department of the state government can get a health insurance facility. [Also Read- PSC Thulasi Login (KPSC) | Kerala PSC Thulasi Profile Login & Registration]
Kerala MEDISEP Scheme 2023
The official portal of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of the state, Hon’ble Pinarayi Vijayan. Through this portal, the beneficiary government employees and pensioners of Kerala can get all the necessary information and facilities related to medical insurance very easily through an online medium sitting at home. With this portal available online, the beneficiaries will not need to visit any government department or offices to get the required information, which will save both their time and money. Kerala MEDISEP Scheme 2023 is run smoothly by the Finance Department, Government of Kerala, under which the government employees and pensioners of the state are benefitted by providing health insurance facilities. [Also Read- MEDISEP Hospital List 2023 District Wise Medcard Full Hospital List PDF]
- Let us tell you that the 10th Pay Revision Commission had suggested the establishment of a health insurance program for the working and retired employees of the state, considering which the Finance Minister of the state introduced this scheme in the budget speech of the financial year 2017-2018.
- Although he did not mention it in the name of the insurance scheme at that time and later the foundation of this scheme was laid by the Chief Minister of Kerala State on July 1st, 2023.
- A target has been set to benefit about 30 lakh people of the state through this scheme.
- Moreover, the Kerala Medisp scheme will prove to be one of the best among all the insurance programs launched by the state government so far.
प्रधानमंत्री नरेंद्र मोदी योजना
Overview of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme
|Scheme Name||Kerala MEDISEP Scheme|
|Launched By||By Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan|
|Beneficiaries||State Government Employees and Pensioners|
|Application Procedure||Online Mode|
|Objective||To Provide the Benefit of Cashless Medical Facility|
|Benefits||Health Insurance Facility|
|Category||Kerala Government Schemes|
Objective of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme 2023
The main objective of the Kerala MEDISEP Scheme portal launched by the Finance Department, Government of Kerala is to provide online information about the details and facilities related to the health insurance program to the beneficiary government employees and pensioners of the state. With this portal available online, the beneficiaries will not need to visit any government department or offices. They will now be able to get all the necessary information and facilities sitting at home very easily with the help of an online medium, which will save both their money and time. Along with this transparency will also come in the system and beneficiaries will be able to get correct information without being misled. [Also Read- Medisep ID Card Download 2023: Medcard Kerala Apply Online, Know Your Status]
Apart from that beneficiaries can also access various facilities through this portal, such as:- Getting themselves registered to avail benefits under Kerala Medisp Scheme 2023, viewing the list of hospitals covered under the scheme, etc. [Also Read- Kerala Land Records: eRekha Land Survey Records, Document Verification]
Benefits and Features of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme
- Kerala MEDISEP Scheme 2023 is a type of health insurance program started by the state government of Kerala, which is managed by the state finance department.
- Under this scheme health insurance cover is provided to all the government working and retired employees of the state.
- Through this health insurance scheme, the beneficiary employees as well as their family members are also benefited.
- About 1,920 procedures and treatments are covered under this health insurance scheme by the state government and 1823 procedures are included in the BBP package.
- Along with this, the scheme has the largest number of treatment options (197) in the category of “General Surgery”, General Surgery Therapy Packages under BBP.
- Under this scheme, 168 packages are included in the Cardiology segment, 156 packages in Surgical Oncology, 144 in Orthopedics, 147 in Dental Surgery and 111 in Plastic Surgery.
- With the help of this scheme launched by the Chief Minister of Kerala, about 3 crore people of the state will get the benefit of Rs 3 lakh annually for three years.
- Under this scheme, out of the amount of health insurance to be given to the beneficiaries, Rs 1.5 lakh will be earmarked and the remaining Rs 1.5 lakh will be available under the floater system.
- In case the amount of “floater system” remains unutilized by the beneficiaries in the current year, in this case this amount will be added to the next year.
- Along with this, if the “floater system” is not used by the beneficiaries in the first 2 years, they will be provided the benefit of total financial assistance of Rs.6 lakh in the third year.
- The facility of transplant and disaster package is also provided to the beneficiaries through this scheme.
- The beneficiaries are provided a financial facility of Rs 20 lakh for the transplant.
- With the help of MEDISEP Scheme 2023, beneficiaries can get cashless treatment in hospitals i.e. they will not have to make any payment for the treatment.
- The basic package of this scheme of the Government of Kerala includes catastrophic secondary and tertiary benefits, treatment, emergency and trauma care operations as well as general treatment.
- Hospital charges such as accommodation, food, prescription medicines, doctor and staff fees and medical expenses are covered under this plan.
- Apart from this, all expenses for a total of 15 days are also covered under this scheme with a period of three days before the hospitalization of the beneficiaries and three days after the hospitalization of the beneficiaries.
- Beneficiaries will have to visit its official portal/website i.e. www.medisep.kerala.gov.in to register under this scheme and get all the details.
- To get the benefits under this scheme, it will be mandatory for the eligible candidates to register themselves before December 31, 2023 with the help of the official portal.
Eligible Beneficiary of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme 2023
No age limit has been prescribed for the beneficiaries/dependents except dependent child/children under the Kerala MEDISEP Scheme 2023 launched by the Government of Kerala. All government employees working under the 1960 Act, including teaching and non-teaching employees of schools and colleges aided through this scheme, all pensioners, their spouses and family members and pensioners of State Local Self Government (LSG) institutions and universities will be benefitted. Along with this, the complete list of all the beneficiaries of Medicep is as follows:-
- All serving employees of state government
- Employees of the High court
- Newly recruited employees and their family
- Part time contingent employees
- Part time teachers
- Non teaching staff of aided schools and colleges and their family
- Employees of Local Self Government (LSG) Institutions and Universities in the Kerala State
- All State Pensioners and their spouses and family
- Pensioners of Local Self Government (LSG) Institutions and Universities in the Kerala State
- All Civil Services officers serving the Government of Kerala on optional basis
- Pensioners of Local Bodies Panchayats Municipalities, Cooperation
- The directly recruited personal staff of the Chief Minister, Ministers, Leader of Opposition and Chief Whip, Speaker, Deputy Speaker and the Chairmen of the Financial Committees
- The directly recruited personal staff pensioners/family pensioners who receive Grants In- Aid from the State Government and Local Self Government Institutions
- Dependents of employees and pensioners
Ineligible Beneficiary of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme
Employees and retirees of autonomous organizations, cooperative institutions and boards like KSEB, KSRTC and KWA are not eligible for MEDISEP Scheme.
Along with this, working employees and retired employees of Kerala State Information Commission and Human Rights Commission will also be considered ineligible for the scheme.
- Identity Card
- Aadhar card
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
Kerala MEDISEP Scheme 2023 Registration Procedure
Such interested eligible citizens of the state who want to get themselves registered to get the benefits under the Kerala MEDISEP Scheme started by the Finance Department, Government of Kerala, they have to follow the following guidelines:-
- First of all you have to visit the official website of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme. Now the home page of the website will be displayed in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option “Register”. After this, two options of “For Employees” and “For Pensioners” will open in front of you. Now you have to click on any one option as per your requirement.
- Now a new page will be displayed in front of you. On this new page, you will have to enter all the necessary information asked, such as:- Your PAN number, date of birth, mobile number details.
- After this you will receive an OTP on your mobile number which you will have to enter in the given OTP box. Now you have to enter the details of all the required information asked.
- Now you have to upload all the required documents. After that you will need to make sure that all the information is correct.
- If you want to edit any section then you have to click on the option of “Yes”.
- If you don’t want to make any changes, you have to click on the option “No” given. You will then need to verify all the details and accept the declaration to submit your registration form.
- Now you have to click on the option of “Submit”, after which you will be able to register yourself.
Procedure to Do Login
- First of all you have to visit the official website of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme 2023. Now the homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of “Login” given in the menu bar. After this a drop box will open in front of you.
- Now you have to click on the option of your category from the various options given in this dropbox. After that a login page will be displayed on your screen.
- On this login page, you will have to enter all the required information asked like:- User Name, Password, Captcha Code details.
- Now you have to click on the option of “Login”, after which you will be able to login.
Procedure to Download MEDCard Online
- First of all you have to visit the official website of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme. Now the homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of “Med Card“. After this a login page will open in front of you.
- Now on this login page, you will have to enter all the necessary information asked, such as:- Account type, MEDISEP ID and Employee ID / PEN / PPO NO details.
- After this you have to click on the option of “Sign in”, after which all the necessary information related to the beneficiary will be displayed on your screen.
- Now you have to click on the option of “Download” to download the health card, after which you will be able to download the MEDCard.
Procedure to View Hospital List
- First of all you have to visit the official website of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme. Now the homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of “Hospitals” given in the menu bar. After this a new page will open in front of you.
- On this new page, you have to enter your state and district details. Now you have to click on the option of “Search”.
- After this, a new page will be displayed again on your screen, on which you will be able to see the related information.
Medicep will List More Hospitals
Despite concerted efforts to dilute Medicep, the cashless health insurance program, efforts are on to cover more hospitals for state government employees and retirees. Under this, many hospitals are trying to avoid the insurance program themselves and the government is planning to reveal them soon. Under this, only 396 institutions including 143 government hospitals have been included in the panel so far. Since the launch of Medicep on July 1, 2023, 902 people have benefited from it, with a total of Rs 1.89 crore has been paid for settlement of claims. In this regard, the Minister has further said that under this the claims of 1500 recipients were being handled. Now more hospitals will be empaneled in Medicep by the state government.
Strict Action will be taken Against Hospital Scuttling Medicep Scheme
Such hospitals which are trying to undermine the government’s medical insurance for state employees and pensioners, strict action will be taken on all such hospitals, this information has been received with the consent of a high level conference. When Finance Minister KN Balagopal ji came to know that many empaneled hospitals were breaking their contract with the government, he called a meeting on all those hospitals and gave permission to take strict action.
Apart from this, complaints of various hospitals refusing to provide care, charging higher rates, changing their mind after signing the agreement etc. were also placed before the Finance Minister in this meeting. After which the minister has instructed the insurance providers to talk to the hospitals, and further he has said that if the situation persists even after that, then strict steps will be taken by the government.
Apart from this, there has also been a demand for potentially restricted information against negligent hospitals by the Finance Department. Apart from this, the necessary procedures have been done for the successful implementation of Medicep in government hospitals, this information has been provided by Health Minister Veena George. The Secretaries of the Health Department, Finance Department were also present in this conference. The program, which took effect on July 1, was very much intended for Medicep, covering about 1920 medical treatments.
Uncooperative Government Hospitals
According to complaints, some hospitals have come under criticism for allegedly not working with them. The government insurance program at the Medical College Hospital in Thiruvananthapuram is unable to provide its full benefits to the hospital. In addition, many employees and retirees who were dependent on medical colleges continue to pay exorbitant amounts for their treatment from super-specialty facilities.
Due to the alleged non-availability of Medicep benefits, now patients have been sent home on this basis. After the operation of this scheme, many private hospitals have opted not to cooperate with the government. Keeping this in mind, it is important for Medicep members to trust the medical college more.
The software and training required to introduce Medicep to the employees of government hospitals has been provided by the insurance companies. Additionally, many district hospitals are not yet enrolled in the federal program. Apart from this, treatment is provided by the medical colleges in Kottayam and Kozhikode under the Medicep program launched by the state government, through which they are also assisted.
Balagopal, the Thiruvananthapuram district minister, has described problems in Medical-approved hospitals as the first problem. Under this, he was replying to Ramesh Chennithala’s move of the state assembly to draw attention to something.
Apart from this, the Minister further said that the problems faced by the employees and pensioners while using the Medicep program. A three-tier grievance redressal process has been set up to look into them. And he said the insurance effort would involve more workers, both present and in the past, than the reimbursement program.
Under this, advance payment for medical expenses will be continued, under which for all other insurance plans, an annual premium payment of Rs 10000 to 20000 is required, this payment will be more than Rs 25000 for people above 50 years of age. Will happen. Apart from this, only 6000 rupees will be needed under the Kerala MEDISEP Scheme.
Other Benefits of Kerala MEDISEP Scheme
- Cashless facility is provided for the procedures listed under this scheme. The cashless facility provided under this means that the payment will be made by the insurance provider to the hospital in which the hospital is included in the approved list for the services provided as per the treatment list.
- Under this, in the event of an accident or any other kind of unforeseen medical emergency, all the remedies and procedures which have been included in the list approved by the state government. Coverage will then be provided under it even if it is done in a facility that has not been empaneled.
- Under the Kerala MEDISEP Scheme, the financial expenses of the list given before and after hospitalization will be covered for a period of 15 days. Under this, unspecified procedures up to Rs 1.5 lakh will also be covered.
- If there is a person who is insured under this scheme, then till the completion of the term of this scheme, those newborn babies who are affected by any structural or functional disability, all of them will be covered under this program.
- Under this, tertiary benefits and destructive secondary benefits will be included in the basic benefit package to be provided in this system. In addition, emergency care treatment, trauma care operations and routine care treatment are also included.
- The offer provides additional coverage for certain treatments for devastating diseases, including organ transplant surgery. Apart from this, coverage is provided by the state government for any pre-existing conditions. which may be with the recipients and on the other hand, outpatient treatment will be excluded from coverage under this plan. Under this, 1823 procedures have been included in the package of basic benefits.
Confirmed Amount of BBP
- Most importantly and first of all, annual coverage of Rs.3 lakh is provided to BBP beneficiaries by this system. Under this, another device is allowed to increase the coverage of this scheme up to Rs.6 lakh.
- Apart from this, there are basically two components of BBP, out of which the first is fixed in which 1.5 lakh rupees and the second is mobile, it is called floater system, under this also 1.5 lakhs are included.
- Under this, the floater system will be carried over to the next year. Apart from this, if it is not used by the beneficiary in the stipulated year, then in such a situation about 4.5 lakh will be added to the beneficiary in that year. In this way if it is not used then it will become more and in the coming few years it will translate into a huge amount of about 6 lakh rupees.
- About three benefits are provided under BBP, first room fee, second transplant cost, third treatment cost, etc. Next comes the procedure cost which includes the cost of medical advice and treatment, cost of doctor’s services, nursing expenses and post-discharge prescriptions, hospitalization after review, etc., along with the cost of major procedures and drugs. – is included together.
- Apart from this, how much will be spent on transplant under this, it will be decided by the NPPA. Under this the cost of the room has been added to the basic benefit package. And fixed rates have also been fixed in it. In this, normal rooms cost 1000 and semi-private rooms cost 1500. If there is any such fee which is more than these rates then that fee will not be covered by the insurance.
Catastrophic Package Cost
- Under this, the total cost of the catastrophic package such as surgery fee, transplant cost, accommodation fee and examination fee is taken into account.
- Apart from this, a single fee has been prescribed for each individual package like – kidney transplant cost in India is Rs 3 lakh, liver transplant cost is Rs 18 lakh and heart-lung transplant cost is Rs 20 lakh.
- And the cost of cochlear implant is INR 6.39 lakh, the cost of implanting an auditory brainstem is INR 18.24 lakh, and the total cost of hip replacement is INR 4 lakh.
- In addition, coverage for any surgical outcomes and for relevant medical treatments will also be included, and the participating hospitals have been instructed by the government not to charge the recipient for additional expenses that result from the results.
- A reserve fund with a minimum value of Rs 35 crore has been set up exclusively by the insurance industry for the treatment of critical illnesses.
Contribution to Plans
- Under this, the beneficiary is required to contribute Rs 6000 annually, in which Rs 500 per month is from the salary of government employees and the gross entitlement of pensioners.
- Apart from this, a policy worth Rs. 4800/- to the beneficiaries is provided by the government on an annual basis.
- 35 crores set aside for catastrophic illness, when the insurance company finds that the money is insufficient, it will use the additional funds received from the policyholder to make up the shortfall.
Who will be Benefited
- All those state government employees who are currently employed and who are working according to the 1960 Act, retired people who are getting pension etc. Citizens can get benefits under the Kerala MEDISEP Scheme.
- Service workers engaged in the teaching and non-teaching sector of aided schools and colleges can also get benefits under this.
- Apart from this, the employees of all those universities who have received grants-in-aid through local self-governing institutions and state governments have also been kept in the category of beneficiaries.
- Under this, the staff members of the High Court of Kerala have also been included, and teaching and non-teaching employees of schools and colleges and universities who are all pensioners, retired and have been given grants from the state government and LSG, then they too. Benefits will be available through this scheme.
- Under the Kerala MEDISEP Scheme 2023, the recruitment of employee pensioners and family pensioners will be helped. Apart from this, additional members of the family, children and spouses of the teaching and non-teaching workers of the schools which have been assisted and the colleges can also get benefits under this.
- Also, all the categories are mandatory who have been encouraged to participate in the scheme. Apart from this, if both the mother and father have been added to the beneficiary list of this scheme, then the children will also be included in the beneficiary list by the government.