Village Defence Guards Scheme Apply Online, Eligibility & Details | Village Defence Guards Online Registration | VDGS Salary, Duty & Details – On August 14, shortly before Independence Day, the Union Home Ministry approved the formation of a scheme, named Village Defence Guards Scheme. In this regard, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Union Home Minister Amit Shah have expressed their gratitude and appreciation to Union Minister Jitendra Singh for starting this initiative. In fact the Village Defence Guards Scheme 2023 is the revised scheme of the previous VDG scheme. In today’s article, you will be provided information about what is a village-dependent protection system and for what it was started, etc. information will be provided in today’s article. [Also Read- JK Labour Card Registration | Employment Card Apply Online & Renewal Form]
Village Defence Guards Scheme 2023
J&K Village Defence Guards Scheme 2023 was announced by the Union Home Ministry only in Jammu and Kashmir, which is a defense-related scheme. Various schemes, programs and other things have been started on the occasion of Amrit Mahotsav of Independence, this scheme has also been started at the same time. Apart from this, the main objective of this scheme is to improve the security in the border areas from Jammu and Kashmir as it is a defense related programme. [Also Read- e-UNNAT Portal: Online Registration, eunnat.jk.gov.in Login & List of Services]
Village Defence Guards Scheme has been announced recently to start in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. This scheme was started when the Amrit Mahotsav of Azadi was held in an attempt to increase security in the border areas of Jammu. Apart from this, the Gram Raksha card will also be charged under this scheme with the responsibility of protecting community establishments and basic facilities near all village boundaries of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, this has been confirmed by the officials. [Also Read- (PMJAY) Jammu Kashmir SEHAT Health Insurance Scheme 2023: Online Registration]
Thanks PM Sh @NarendraModi for your constant concern for #JammuAndKashmir. Huge relief from the Ministry of Home Affairs headed by Sh @AmitShah.— Dr Jitendra Singh (@DrJitendraSingh) August 15, 2022
Sanction accorded to Village Defence Guards Scheme (VDGS) 2022 for Jammu & Kashmir. pic.twitter.com/XDUajP7UvO
The eligible citizens under this scheme would be those who would be under the system throughout the day and night especially with a view to safeguard their state from terrorists. Under this, it has been said to divide the VDG into two categories, first those who have a valid arms license and those who have been provided with weapons by the Jammu and Kashmir Police, and secondly, if anyone has both a valid license and a weapon. Or they want to buy weapons on their own. [Also Read- (Status) J&K Ration Card List 2023: Jammu Kashmir New Ration Card List]
Overview of Village Defence Guards Scheme
|Scheme Name||Village Defence Guards Scheme|
|Launched By||By Central Government|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Jammu and Kashmir|
|Objective||The main objective is to provide self-defense and security in the villages near the border.|
|Benefits||The security of the villages of the state of Jammu and Kashmir will be ensured|
|Category||Jammu and Kashmir Government Schemes|
Objective of Village Defence Guards Scheme
The main objective of the J&K Village Defence Guards Scheme 2023 is to organize a small group of volunteers among the armed citizens, especially in the border areas as well as in the deep areas of Jammu division only. Apart from this, the objective of this scheme is also to provide self-defense and security in the villages located within the border of Jammu and Kashmir. [Also Read- Jammu and Kashmir Kovid Death Special Assistance Scheme 2023: Online Application, Eligibility and Benefits]
Through this scheme, this scheme will be operated by bringing volunteer guards who do this work by staying near the border during day time and at night. One of the objectives of the Village Defence Guards Scheme is that all the vulnerable villages of the state can be protected. Apart from this, all the members of VDC have long wanted this committee to be more structured and at the same time they should be given some option for payment. Thus it can also be said that this scheme has been operated to ensure the welfare of all such guards. [Also Read- Jammu Kashmir Sehat Health Insurance Scheme 2023: J&K Health Scheme Registration]
Benefits and Important Points of Village Defense Guards Scheme
- Under this, defense groups will be supported in vulnerable places by village watchmen and wooded villages. Apart from this, through the Village Defence Guards Scheme to create a sense of self-protection and to ensure the security of the villages located within the border.
- Apart from this, a small group of volunteer armed civilians are also operated through this scheme in identified villages along the boundaries and depth areas of Jammu division to establish infrastructure around the village, as well as movement along the state border. The check will also be done by them.
- The Village Defense Guards themselves will be responsible for protecting the communal establishments and infrastructure inside their village and will be monitored regularly night and day by them.
- To prevent cross-border motivated and supported terrorist attacks under J&K Village Defence Guards Scheme 2022 and to improve the security grid in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, taking care of the security situation especially in the areas. Was necessary.
- This group has been prepared in more than 15 blocks, through which the vulnerable places will be monitored day and night. Apart from this, VDG will be classified into two sections, one holds valid license and arms or wants to own guns and the other holds valid licenses and arms or owns guns.
- This new organization being formed by the state government will be known as Village Defense Group and it will be headed by a former army officer. All the applications available for this will be selected after a lot of consideration by the members of the district administration groups, who will give their full effort and time on a pure volunteer basis.
- Under the Village Defence Guards Scheme 2023, out of the two groups that are going to be available, one group will be given Rs 4500 per person every month and the other group will include those people who are voluntarily members of the village defense group. 4000 will be provided by the state government to all at the same rate every month.
Eligibility Criteria of Village Defence Guards Scheme
- Under this scheme, only ex-policemen and ex-servicemen of the village will be eligible.
- Such youths who are capable and have proficiency in handling ammunition can also be eligible for this scheme.
- Along with this, such youth who are always ready to contribute to the welfare of the community and the security of the village.
Apply Under Village Defence Guards Scheme
Only the Village Defence Guards Scheme 2023 has been announced by the Union Home Ministry, no application process has been started for applying under it, neither online nor offline. Apart from this, if any kind of information related to this scheme is shared by the authority, then we will provide you information through this article. If you want to get the information related to the application of Village Defence Guards Scheme, then you can stay connected to our website.
Village Defence Guards Scheme 2023 is a modified scheme. Its purpose is to stop the evil plans of anti-national elements. Moreover, this plan is an expression of the will of the people to participate actively and voluntarily in the efforts to help protect the integrity, protect the sovereignty of the nation.