Bihar Caste Census Population Report Download PDF Online | Bihar Govt Released Religious, Population Wise Caste Census – On January 7, the government of Bihar conducted a caste survey to gather information about the socio-economic conditions of households and also included a caste enumeration component. The Bihar Caste Census Population report, commissioned at the behest of the Nitish Kumar Government for the purpose of demographic analysis, was formally released on October 2, 2023. According to the findings, Bihar’s population now stands at a figure exceeding 13 Crore. For deeper and exact knowledge regarding the Bihar Caste Census Report 2023, read this blog post till the end. [Also Read- Elabharthi Bihar: ई-लाभार्थी बिहार Payment Status, elabharthi.bih.nic.in List]
Bihar Caste Census Report 2023
The chief minister of Bihar began a two-phase caste survey to collect data on the various castes and communities present in the Indian state of Bihar. After months of preparation, Bihar’s government released the Bihar Caste Census Report 2023 on October 2, 2023. The report’s revelation of Bihar’s population exceeding 13 Crore underscores the importance of this data. Using caste information, the government ensures resources for education, healthcare, housing, and development of needy communities and helps create programs to uplift them. The Chief Minister also stressed the importance of the Bihar Caste Census Report completed in August, highlighting how it would contribute to the progress of diverse sections of society in Bihar. [Also Read- वोटर लिस्ट ग्राम पंचायत बिहार: Bihar Gram Panchayat Chunav Voter List]
Overview of Bihar Caste Census Population Report
|Article Name||Bihar Caste Census Report|
|Started By||Bihar government|
|Objective||Using caste information, government will provide help to needy community|
|Benefits||Caste survey will help the progress of diverse sections of society in Bihar|
|Category||Bihar State Government|
Why Caste Based Census Bihar?
The India Coalition has pressured the government to launch a nationwide caste-based survey. However, due to the Trinamool Congress’s refusal to support the alliance’s push for a caste census, there is now internal disagreement within the alliance over this demand. Rahul Gandhi had last week said that if the Congress wins the upcoming Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, which is expected to be held in November, he would take a similar initiative. [Also Read- epos Bihar पोर्टल: epos bihar gov in Login, PDS Bihar बिहार राशन कार्ड ऑनलाइन]
Bihar Caste Wise Population Percentage
The Bihar Caste Census Population Report 2023 reveals that 27.1% of the population falls under the underprivileged category, with 36% categorized as very underprivileged (EBC), 19.7% as Scheduled Castes, and 1.7% as Scheduled Tribes. A study conducted by Development Commissioner Vivek Singh adds that 15.5% of the population belongs to higher castes. Bihar’s total population surpasses 131 million, and the report also highlights the Yadav community (Bihar Jati Adharit Ganana) as the largest subgroup, comprising 14.27% of all OBC categories.
|Extremely backward classes||4,70,80,514||36.0148%|
Bihar Caste Census Report Based on Caste
|Mochi, Chamar, Ravidas||5.2%|
Bihar Caste Census Report Based on Religion
|Hindu||Population 107192958Percentage 81.99%|
|Islam||Population 23149925Percentage 17.70%|
|Christian||Population 75,238Percentage 0.05%|
|Sikh||Population 14,753Percentage 0.011%|
|Bodh||Population 1,11,201Percentage 0.0851%|
|Jain||Population 12,523Percentage 0.0096%|
|Other religion||Population 1,66,566Percentage 0.1274%|
|No religion||Population 2,146Percentage 0.0016%|
Benefit of Bihar Caste Census Population Report 2023
- The chief minister of Bihar began a two phase caste survey to collect the data of the various castes and communities present in the Indian state of Bihar.
- Using caste information, the government ensures resources for education, healthcare, housing, and development of needy communities.
- This data is a valuable resource for researchers, allowing them to study social inequalities, demographics, and Bihar’s evolving dynamics.”
- By addressing historical inequities and discrimination, the report is a catalyst for a more inclusive and just society.
- Bihar Caste Census Population Report will help marginalized communities by tailoring programs to meet their specific needs.
- Policymakers can use this data to shape policies that tackle unique caste-related challenges, improving governance effectiveness.
Procedure to Download Bihar Caste Census Report PDF
If you want to download Bihar Caste Census Report PDF, follow the simple procedure as described below:-
- First of all, you need to go to the official website of Bihar Government. After that, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website you have to click on the Bihar Caste Census Report PDF link.
- Now, a new page will open in front of you where you have to download the BIhar Janganana and check the details.
- If you want to save this PDF for future preference then you can take a printout of it. This is how you can check Bihar Caste Census Population Report.