Digital Police Portal Report a Crime, Login & Complaint Registration @ digitalpolice.gov.in | Digital Police Portal Certificate Verification Download – Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has announced the launch of Digital Police Portal for passport verification, online cyber crime complaint registration, employee verification and other services. The scheme is a digital hub for police services. In today’s article, we are going to provide you all the information related to digitalpolice.gov.in portal like- for what purpose this portal has been started by the central government. (Also read- Post Office Retail ID Registration 2023: पोस्ट ऑफिस रिटेलर आईडी रजिस्ट्रेशन शुरू)
About Digital Police Portal
Digital Police Portal has been started by the Central Government to provide various facilities to the citizens of the country. Through this portal, all the citizens of the country can get various types of facilities. Apart from this, online requests can be made for passport verification, online cyber crime complaint registration, employee verification and other services. This portal has been developed by the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network and System Project. Under this, about 13,775 police stations out of 16,671 have got access to the digital platform, through which all the data can be input into the software. (Also read- (Registration) वोटर आईडी कार्ड: ऑनलाइन एप्लीकेशन, Voter ID Card Apply)
- Through the digitalpolice.gov.in portal, it will be easier to search and report criminals and crimes using a national database by all police and central investigative agencies.
- In addition to this, any information against any criminal for inspection purposes, state police and central investigative agencies can be conveniently accessed with the help of this portal.
Overview of Digital Police Portal
|Scheme Name||Digital Police Portal|
|Launched By||Union Home Minister Shri Rajnath Singh|
|Beneficiaries||citizens of the country|
|Objective||Digitizing the Database used to manage criminal and offense records|
|Benefits||The database used to manage criminal and offense records will be digitized|
|Category||Central Government Schemes|
Objectives of digitalpolice.gov.in Portal
The main objective of the digitalpolice.gov.in portal is to digitize the criminal and crime records. Through this, the database used by the Central Government to manage criminal and crime records will be completely digitized. In addition, efforts are being made to establish and maintain a single, consolidated national database of crimes and criminals through the Digital Police Portal launched by the Central Government by linking the CCTNS project with the e-courts and e-jails databases. Under this, any citizen of the country can request a background check for potential employment, tenants or any other reason, and can also request the confirmation of his ancestors by any person through this portal. (Also read- बैंक अकाउंट में आधार कार्ड कैसे लिंक करे | Linking Aadhaar Card to Bank Account)
Benefits of digitalpolice.gov.in Portal
- The digitalpolice.gov.in portal has been started by the Union Home Minister of the country Shri Rajnath Singh.
- Under this, online FIR requests can be provided for speedy resolution of individual crimes.
- Additionally, online complaints can be lodged against law enforcement officials by any citizen of the country.
- All necessary information will be provided through this to the National Database Investigation Agency on crime and criminals.
- Through this, various types of online, user-friendly services are provided to all the citizens of the country.
- This includes tracking the progress of the case online, ability to receive victim compensation amount, request police verification for passport issuance, etc.
- A login can be done under the Digital Police Portal in case the central investigation and research agencies want to view the statistics of crime statistics.
- Police investigation of crimes will be expedited by the national information provided under this portal, apart from this, they will also be able to get assistance in taking decisions against criminal activities.
Central Citizen Services
- Proclaimed Offenders Information
- missing person search
- Finding the Nearest PS
- Generating Vehicle NOC
Services Provided under digitalpolice.gov.in portal
The following services provided by State Police Citizen Portal are available for public application
- Information sharing website that allows users to download documents required by citizens
- Request for verification of employees, employment, passport, senior registration etc.
- A complaint has been made in the concerned police station
- Obtaining Copies of FIR
- Checking Status of Complaints
- Information on persons arrested or wanted
- Submission of applications for issue or renewal of various NOCs
- Information on missing/kidnapped people and how those arrested tally with them, as information on stolen/found automobiles, weapons and other items.
Procedure to Report Crime on Digital Police Portal
- First of all you have to go to the official website of Digital Police Portal. After this the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of Report a Cyber Crime from the section of Services for Citizens.
- After this, the next page will open in front of you, here you have to select your state from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting the state, the web portal service of the specific state will be displayed in front of you, here you have to enter your information and crime data.