IGNWPS Pension Form PDF Download, Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme Online Apply, Check Status – In 1995, the Central Government launched the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS) as part of the broader National Social Assistance Plan (NSAP). Under this scheme, eligible widows receive a monthly pension of Rs 300 as financial assistance. By implementing this scheme, the government aims to provide economic support to widowed women who are living below the poverty line so that widows can improve their living conditions. Today, we will let you know everything regarding the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme 2023-24 including its objective, benefits, eligibility, apply procedure, and more. [Also Read – RBI UDGAM Portal Link: Register & Login @ udgam.rbi.org.in | Unclaimed Deposits]
Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme 2023-24
Initiated by the central government in 1995, Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme is a social welfare program in India that aims to provide financial assistance to widowed women in the country. This program receives contributions from both the Central Government and the State Government. Through this scheme, Widows aged 40 to 80 living below the poverty line can apply for this scheme to get 300 rupees every month so they can improve their living conditions. The amount received under this scheme varies according to the state and provides financial support to widows. [Read More]
The financial support provided under this scheme is typically funded by the central and state governments in India. The government aims to promote social empowerment and economic independence among widowed women by implementing the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS). [Also Read – PAO GREF Pay Slip: BRO PAO GREF Monthly Payslip Paogref.nic.in]
Overview of Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme
|Scheme Name||Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme|
|Started By||Central Government of India|
|Beneficiary||State widows who are below the poverty level|
|Objective||To provide financial support to the widowed woman|
|Benefits||Widows will get monthly pension|
|Category||Central government scheme|
Objective of Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme
The primary objective of this Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS) is to provide economic support to widowed women who are living below the poverty line (BPL). It seeks to improve their living conditions and enable them to lead a dignified life by providing pension every month. [Also Read – Startups Intellectual Property Protection (SIPP Scheme): Online Registration]
Pension Amount under Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme
Under the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS), the central government provides Rs. 200 per month per beneficiary, and the State Governments have the option to contribute an additional amount to ensure that each beneficiary receives a minimum of Rs. 400 per month. The amount of pension received under this scheme can vary according to the state as mentioned below:-
|State||Monthly Pension Amount|
|Uttar Pradesh||Rs 300-500 (if the age is more than 80 years)|
|Rajasthan||Rs 500 (if age is less than 55)Rs 1000-1500 (If age is more than 55)|
|Maharashtra||Rs 600-900 (if there is more than one child)|
Benefits of Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS)
- Started by the government, the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme provides a monthly pension to eligible widowed women to support them financially.
- The scheme primarily targets widows between the ages of 40 and 79 who are living below the poverty line.
- Eligible widows receive a monthly pension, which can help cover essential expenses such as food, clothing, and shelter.
- The scheme is implemented in both urban and rural areas, providing widowed women in various regions with access to financial aid.
- By improving living conditions and enabling a sense of self-sufficiency, the scheme aims to restore dignity to the lives of widowed women.
- Both the central and state governments fund the scheme, thereby making it a government-supported initiative.
- The amount received under the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme 2023-24 varies according to the state and provides financial support to widows.
- To avail the benefits of the scheme started by the central government, the applicant must be between the ages of 40 and 79.
- Only the permanent residents of Madhya Pradesh in India can get the benefit of the scheme.
- Widows who belong to below poverty (BPL) category can apply to get the benefit of the scheme.
- Enrollment in the widow pension scheme requires that widows maintain their single status.
- Age proof
- Aadhar Card
- Application Form
- Domicile Certificate
- Duly filled and self-attested
- Husband’s Death Certificate
- Below Poverty Line ration card
- Account details of the applicant
- Applicant’s 3 Passport size photographs
- Residence proof like Voter card, Electricity Bill, Aadhar Card, etc
Procedure to Apply for Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme
Candidates who want to avail the benefit of (IGNWPS), needs to apply online by following given steps: –
- First of all you need to go to the official website of Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme. After that, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “Download form” option and the application form will open in front of you.
- Now you have to take the printout of the application form and carefully fill it with all the required information.
- After filling out the form, attach all the required documents with it and submit the form to the Commissioner Municipal Corporation or Janpad Panchayat Officer.
Identification of the Beneficiaries for Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme
In rural areas, beneficiaries for the NSAP schemes such as the Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme (IGNWPS) are identified using BPL lists created by States/Union Territories. In urban areas, the Ministry of Urban Housing and Poverty Alleviation creates a BPL list to determine eligible NSAP beneficiaries. Assistance under NOAPS can be distributed at public gatherings and meetings in both rural and urban areas, or beneficiaries can receive it through their bank accounts, Post Office Savings Banks, or postal money orders.”
For any inquiries or additional support regarding Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme 2023-24, urban applicants can reach out to the Commissioner of the Municipal Corporation or the Chief Municipal Officer of the Nagarpalika or Nagar Panchayat. Rural applicants are advised to contact the Chief Executive Officer at the Janpad Panchayat Office.