Learning License Online Form | parivahan.gov.in Learning Licence | Learning License Download | earner License Fee and Renewal
A Learning License is an essential government document which is provided by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India to drive a vehicle on the road. According to the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 in India, citizens of the country need a valid driving license to drive a vehicle on a public road, through which it is known whether that citizen is capable of driving a two wheeler or a four wheeler. To get this license, interested citizens have to first take a Learning License and get information about all the necessary things and rules related to driving. Today, through this article, we will tell you about all the necessary information related to the Learning License, such as:- Purpose, Benefits, Features, Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required, Application Process etc. [Also Read – NVSP Voter ID Status: Search Voter ID Card, E Epic Card Download at nvsp.in]
It is mandatory for citizens to have a valid driving license to drive a vehicle on public roads in India. This valid driving license is in a way a legal document issued by the government, through which information is obtained about whether a citizen is capable of driving a vehicle or not. At the stage of learning vehicles by citizens, they have to obtain a learner’s permit, which is known as a Learning License. If the driver does not have a valid license or learner’s permit, driving the vehicle is considered illegal and the drivers have to pay a fine. Candidates have to make an application to their nearest Regional Transport Authority or Office (RTA or RTO) to obtain a Learning License. [Also Read – PM Kisan Beneficiary Status 2023: Check pmkisan.gov.in Beneficiary Installment Status]
- If the applicant’s age is 18 years or more and they have completed the education of a learner, then in this situation they will be eligible to apply for permanent license.
- Along with this, if the applicant’s age is less than 18 years and more than 16 years, then only a Learning License will be given to them.
- The Learner Permit granted to the learner drivers will be valid for a period of six months only.
- During this six month period the applicants will have to train themselves to drive the particular vehicle for which they have filed the application under the supervision of the Instructor Driver.
- On completion of the time period, applicants will have to appear for the examination on the appointed day under the supervision of the RTO officer.
- Once applicants pass the driving test, they are sent a valid license to their permanent address.
Overview of Learning License
|Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India
|Learner Drivers of the Country
|Providing Learner’s Permit to New Drivers
|Facility to Apply Online/Offline for making Learning License
|Central Government Schemes
Objective of Learning License
The main objective of the service of Learning License started by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India is to provide learner license to the interested citizens of the country. This license can be obtained by the citizens of any state of the country by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of their state. Through Learner Permit, interested citizens can train themselves to drive a vehicle under the supervision of a trainee driver within a stipulated time period. Apart from this, the beneficiary citizens can get experience of driving under regulated conditions with the help of this permit which reduces the risk and also provides a golden opportunity to inexperienced drivers to gain confidence and experience. [Also Read – UIDAI e Learning Registration: e-learning.uidai.gov.in New Portal, Login & Certificate Download]
Types of Learning License in India
Candidates are provided a Learner Permit by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways according to the vehicle category the applicant wants to learn to operate. Learning License in India is classified into two categories:- Personal Use and Professional Use.
Different types of learner licenses provided under Personal Use:-
- LMV-NT License:- This license is used for light motor vehicles for non-transportation purposes.
- MC 50CC license:- This license is granted to candidates for motor vehicles having engine capacity of 50cc or less.
- FVG license:- License granted for motor vehicles without gears, regardless of their engine capacity, such as:- mopeds or scooters.
- MCWG or M/CYCL WG license:- This license is issued for all types of geared and non-geared motor vehicles.
- MC EX50CC license:- A license granted for Light Motor Vehicles (LMV) of 50cc or more capacity, such as:- motorcycles, geared motorcycles and cars.
Different types of learner licenses provided under Commercial Use:-
- LMV-NT license:- This license is for light motor vehicles, which are for commercial purposes only and are not used for transportation.
- MGV license:- This category of license is given for medium goods vehicles.
- HGMV license:- Heavy class vehicles that use goods for transport services are known as HGMV vehicle class.
- HPMV license:- Under this category, licenses are issued to heavy passenger vehicles, such as:- buses etc.
- LMV-TR license:- A license issued to a light motor vehicle to be used for commercial purposes or for transport purposes.
Benefits and Features of Learning License
- Learning License is a type of legal document, which has been started by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India.
- Interested citizens of the country can apply to get this document through the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of their state.
- According to the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, citizens of the country need a valid driving license or learning driving license to drive a vehicle on a public road.
- Driving a vehicle without a license on public roads will be considered a legal offense, for which the driver will have to pay a fine.
- If the candidate citizen wants to learn to drive a particular type of vehicle then he/she will be required to obtain a Learner’s Permit in that specific category.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to first apply for a learning license to obtain a valid driving license.
- This learning permit will be valid only for a certain period of time, during which drivers will have to improve their driving skills.
- Candidates can apply for a valid license by improving their driving skills under the supervision of a trainee driver within this stipulated time period.
Interested citizens will be required to fulfill the following eligibility criteria to apply for Learning License:-
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to obtain a Learning License for Geared Motorcycles.
- The minimum age of the applicants to obtain a license for motorcycles with engine capacity up to 50 cc without gears has been fixed at 16 years.
- Applicants must have their family’s consent to apply for a learner’s permit.
- It will be mandatory for the beneficiary applicant to have knowledge of all the necessary rules related to road transport.
- Applicants will be allowed to operate as an apprentice only on such vehicles which do not have gears and engine capacity does not exceed 50 cc.
- To obtain a permit for commercial heavy transport vehicles by the applicant, their age should be at least 18 years, but in some states this age limit has been fixed at least 20 years.
- Along with this, it will be mandatory for the learner permit holder to have an adult passenger in the vehicle at all times while driving.
Documents Required to Apply for Learning License
Interested candidates will have to apply for a Learning License and it will be necessary to pay the relevant fees. Along with this, it will be mandatory for the candidates to submit the following documents while applying:-
- Passport (Please check that the passport has not expired)
- Election Card
- Aadhar Card
Documents as Age Prove
- Birth Certificates (D.O.B)
- School Certificate with printed D.O.B. (Marks Sheet of Class 10th)
- PAN Card (Permanent Account Number)
- Election Card
- Aadhar Card
Documents that prove your Address:
- Electricity Bills
- PAN Card (Permanent Account Number)
- Aadhar Card
- Election Card
- Ration Card
- LIC Bond
- Rental Agreements/Property Papers
- If applicable, medical certification
- Self-declaration of medical fitness
- Passport Size Photo (6)
- If you reside in other cities, you can submit the rental agreement with a copy of a recent utility bill like an electricity or gas bill, as proof of your current address.
Guide to Apply Online for Learning License
Under this, an official portal has been prescribed to apply for learner’s license online, which is known as transport portal.
- First of all you have to visit the official website of the transport portal. After this the home page of the portal will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of Driving License, Learner License from the section of the concerned service. After that the next page will open in front of you.
- Here you have to select your state, you can select your state by going to the dropdown menu. After that a new page will be displayed in front of you.
- Now you will see the option to apply for a Learner’s License and many options related to Driving License. Now you have to click on the option of Apply for Learner License.
- After this, a page of flowchart of the complete process of the form will open in front of you, here you have to click on the option of continuing to go to the next page.
- Here you have to select your group and with that you have to choose the nearest RTO office of your city in your state. Now you have to click on the submit option.
- Now the page of authentication with e-KYC will open in front of you. After this you will be asked to submit the Aadhar card number.
- If you choose to submit with Aadhar Authentication, then you have to enter the Aadhar number, after that you have to enter the OTP number. Now you have to click on the option of Authenticate by clicking on the option of checkbox.
- Apart from this, if you choose any other option, then you will have to click on the option of submit without doing Aadhaar authentication. After this, you have to enter the mobile number and click on the option to generate OTP. Now OTP will come on your mobile number, you have to enter it and also click on the option of meaning and ticket.
- Now you will be redirected to the page of the application form, here you have to enter the details of the asked information like – name, gender, age and all other details.
- After submitting the application, an acknowledgment will be received in front of you with the application number, you have to take a print out of it and keep it with you, for this you have to click on the option of get acknowledgment.
- A new page will be displayed in front of you.
- You have to upload all the important documents, now you have to upload the document by selecting the option of radio and click on the next option, after that click on the option of OK to continue.
- After this, you have to select the address proof, then upload it and click on the confirm option, now the new page will be displayed.
- Where you have to select the age certificate from the list of documents, upload the documents and click on the confirm option to proceed.
- Then you have to choose from the list of documents to upload and finally you have to confirm to proceed.
- Now a page gets displayed on which the photo and signature uploaded by you are visible Now you have to click on the option of photo and signature to upload the photo and signature.
- Some guidelines are given for photo and signature, if they are not fulfilled then signature and photo are canceled. After this you are shown a new message in the acknowledgment, now you have to click on the option of Next.
- Now you will get the option of Learner License Slot Book Now you can click on the option of Calendar Type Window and also select the green date through the option of Radio.
- Here you have to confirm your chosen date and time and click on Confirm to Slot Book option. After that you will be taken to the payment page.
- You have to deposit the fee, to continue the payment, you have to click on the option of Continue E Payment. After this a new popup window will open in front of you, from here you can make the payment.
- After making the payment, the acknowledgment window will appear in front of you and a printed receipt will be received in front of you, you can download it in PDF format.
- Now you will be given a Learner Test, after that you can show the payment receipt and turn to the RTO office, under this, if you pass the exam, you get an SMS with your Learner’s License number within 24 hours.
- Which will be sent to the permanent address of the learner license applicant, this license will be valid only for 6 months, it can be renewed later.
Procedure to Apply Offline for Learning License
Citizens of all states of India can also apply offline for a Learning License at their nearest RTO office. Candidates have to follow the following guidelines to apply offline in person:-
- First of all you have to visit the nearest RTO office in your state. After this you have to get the application form for a Learning License from the office.
- Now you have to enter all the necessary information asked in this application form, such as your full name, age, gender, address etc.
- After that you have to attach all the important documents asked with this application form, such as:- photo, age proof, permanent certificate, identity proof etc.
- Now you have to submit this application form along with attached documents to the nearest RTO office. After this, the remaining procedures will be completed by the officer of the concerned RTO office.
- After that a date and time for the test will be provided to you by the concerned RTO officer. Now you have to go to the same RTO office and give a written test on the scheduled date and time.
- Now after you pass the written test, you will be sent the Learning License to your home address by post.
Note:- If you get training in a licensed driving school, then in this case the concerned school can help you to get the learning license.