The Right to Repair Portal has been started by Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal. Manufacturer product description manuals will be shared with the customers through this portal, so that they can do the repairs on their own and don’t have to depend on the original manufacturers. In addition, consumer durables, automobiles, mobile phones, electronics and farm equipment will be covered initially by the portal. The Right to Repair Portal has been started on the occasion of National Consumer Day, in today’s article we are going to provide you with all the important information related to this portal, like- for what purpose this portal has been started, and What are its benefits etc. (Also read- Post Office Retail ID Registration 2023 पोस्ट ऑफिस रिटेलर आईडी रजिस्ट्रेशन शुरू)
Right to Repair Portal
The Right to Repair Portal was launched by Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal on the occasion of National Consumer Day. Through this portal, product specifications manuals will be shared by the manufacturers with the customers so that all the customers in the country are not dependent on the original manufacturers and can either repair themselves through third parties. (Also read- (Login) E-Sampada Portal Registration: Eligibility, Services & Mobile App)
Under this, on the occasion of National Consumer Day, Mr. Goyal, while talking about the effective disposal of cases in the Consumer Commission, said that the work of the Consumer Commissions is commendable to settle the large number of pending cases in the last six months, in addition, he expressed confidence. Said that the backlog of cases would be cleared. (Also read- (List) Free Ration Card Apply Online: फ्री राशन कार्ड एप्लीकेशन फॉर्म)
Through the Right to Repair Portal, all the consumers of the country are provided with the facility to register their complaints, under this, if the consumer wants to register any kind of complaint, then for this they have to enter details like product name, product model and nature of the complaint. (Also read- Nrega Job Card New List 2023 State Wise nrega.nic.in, MGNREGA Job Card)
Basic information has to be entered, and after that he can register his complaints. When a complaint is lodged by the consumer on the portal, the portal provides the complainant with a unique complaint number and a timeline for resolution. (Also read- PM eVIDYA – One Nation One Digital Platform (Diksha QR Code e-Content)
Overview of Right to Repair Portal
|Portal Name||Right to Repair Portal|
|Launched By||Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of the country|
|Objective||To provide an easy and efficient mechanism for food and public distribution, ensuring consumer protection and redressal of grievances.|
|Benefits||An easy and efficient mechanism will be provided for food and public distribution, ensuring consumer protection and redressal of grievances|
|Category||Central Government Schemes|
Objectives of Right to Repair Portal
The main objective of Right to Repair Portal is to provide an online platform for the consumers to register their complaints. To register any kind of complaint through this portal, the citizens of the country have to enter basic information like product name, product model and nature of the complaint, after that they can easily register the complaint. Under this, once a complaint is lodged, the portal provides a unique complaint number to the complainant and a timeline for resolution. Apart from this, through the Right to Repair Portal, online assistance is also provided to those consumers who fail to resolve their complaints on their own. Along with this, with the help of this portal, consumers also get an opportunity to connect with a qualified customer service e-representative. (Also read- Nipun Bharat Mission | निपुण भारत मिशन लक्ष्य, कार्यान्वयन व गाइडलाइन्स पीडीएफ)
Benefits and Features of Right to Repair Portal
- The Right to Repair Portal has been launched by Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Piyush Goyal on the occasion of National Consumer Day.
- With the launch of this portal, all the facilities related to registering complaints and seeking redressal of defective or defective products have become very simple and easy for Indian citizens.
- Apart from this, citizens of the country will get an online platform to register their complaints.
- All the citizens of the country have to enter only basic information such as consumer product name, product model and nature of complaint etc. to register a complaint on this portal.
- With the help of the Right to Repair Portal, facilities are provided to those consumers of the state who are unable to resolve their complaints on their own.
- Along with this, consumers are encouraged to connect with a qualified customer care e-representative through this portal, through which they can be guided and assisted in resolving any issue.
- Through this portal, an online platform is provided to the consumers for seeking legal advice and assistance.
- Through this, consumers can connect with lawyers and legal professionals from all over the country to seek advice on any legal matter related to their complaints.
Procedure for Filing Complaint under Right to Repair Portal
- First of all you have to go to the official website of Right to Repair Portal. After this the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of “Register a complaint”. Next, you have to select the type of product against which you are registering a complaint.
- Now you have to enter all your details like your name, address, email and phone number etc. Now select the state where you are filing the complaint.
- Then enter a description of the complaint including any supporting evidence and click “Submit”.
- Finally you will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number which you can use to follow up on the status of your complaint.