TN Free Sewing Machine Scheme Online Registration, Get Application Form, Check Status & Eligibility – For the development and upliftment of socio-economically weak women by the central and state governments, many types of schemes are run smoothly from time to time. In this direction, recently a new scheme named Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023 has been launched by the Tamil Nadu State Government, under which free sewing machines will be provided to the women of the state. Under the Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme, such women of the weaker sections of the state will be provided free sewing machines to generate self-employment, who are equipped with sewing skills. Today we will provide you all the necessary information related to Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023 through this article. [Also read- Amma Two Wheeler Scheme: Download Application Form PDF, Last Date]
Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023
The foundation of TN Free Sewing Machine Scheme was laid by the Tamil Nadu State Government in the financial year 2020, which is under the Government of India. Under the Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023 run by the Social Welfare and Nutritional Meal Program Department, free sewing machines are provided to the citizens belonging to the weaker and poorer sections of Tamil Nadu, especially women, to make them financially self-reliant and empowered. Under this scheme, priority is given to widows, abandoned wives, women from economically weaker sections, disabled men and women and socially affected women citizens of the state to provide free sewing machines to generate self-employment. [Also read- Pudhumai Penn Scheme Launched, 6,500 Students to Benefit from Rs. 1000]
- Through the Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme, the citizens of the poor or economically weaker sections of the state as well as women belonging to EWS or BPL families will also be benefited by the state government.
- Under this scheme, all such women of the state will be considered eligible, whose family monthly income is less than Rs 12,000.
- Along with this, the age of the applicant women should be between 20 years to 40 years to apply under this scheme of the state government.
- Apart from this, such women of the state who are working as laborers will also be considered eligible to get the benefits under this scheme.
Overview of TN Free Sewing Machine Scheme
|Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme
|By Tamil Nadu State Government
|All Women Citizens of Weaker Section
|To provide free sewing machines to the women of the weaker sections of the state to start self-employment
|Free Sewing Machine
|Tamil Nadu Government Schemes
Objective of Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme
The main objective of the TN Free Sewing Machine Scheme launched by the Tamil Nadu State Government is to provide free sewing machines to the citizens belonging to the poor and weaker sections of the state by providing them opportunities to start self-employment. Under this scheme, especially the socio-economically disadvantaged women citizens of the state are benefitted. Through this scheme launched by the state government, by making the beneficiaries financially self-reliant, their income and standard of living is improved, so that they are able to live their life with pride in the society. Along with this, improvement in the quality of sewing of uniforms will also be seen through this scheme and increase in the productivity of Women Industrial Cooperative Sewing Societies will also be seen. [Also read- Tamil Nadu Naan Mudhalvan Scheme: Online Registration, Eligibility & Selection]
Benefits and Features of Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023
- Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme has been started by the Tamil Nadu State Government to benefit the citizens of the weaker section of the state, especially women.
- Under this scheme, free sewing machines are provided to the citizens who are proficient in sewing skills to start self-employment.
- Through this scheme run by the state government, the beneficiary women will be able to become financially self-reliant, which will increase their income as well as improve their standard of living.
- The smooth operation of this scheme is done by the Department of Social Welfare and Nutritious Food Program, Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Under the TN Free Sewing Machine Scheme, clothes are provided for free supply of uniforms to 32 cutting centers working under the Social Welfare Department.
- The provided fabrics are cut at the cutting center, after which the fabric is supplied to the respective sewing societies for sewing the uniforms.
- So far, with the help of these sewing societies, 413 AEEOs and 67 DEOs of the Education Department have distributed the stitched uniforms.
- Under the Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023, a total of 15500 advanced sewing machines have been provided by the state government to the members of women industrial cooperative societies at 10% government subsidy.
- Along with this, women tailoring training centers are also functioning in Salem and Tiruvannamalai specially for providing training to tribal women under this scheme started by Tamil Nadu government.
- A total of 35 tribal women are provided training every year at these Women Tailoring Training Centers.
Eligibility Criteria of TN Free Sewing Machine Scheme
In order to avail the benefits under any government scheme, candidates are required to fulfill certain important eligibility criteria related to that scheme. Similarly, in order to avail benefits under the Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023 launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu, it will be mandatory for the candidates to fulfill the following eligibility criteria set by the state government:-
- Candidates must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu state to apply under Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme.
- Only women belonging to the following categories will be considered eligible to get the benefits under this scheme:-
- Deserted Wives
- Women from Economically Weaker Sections(EWS)
- Women with Disabilities
- Socially Influenced Women
- Under this scheme of the state government, disabled men of the state will also be considered eligible to apply.
- To get the benefit of this scheme, the monthly family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs 12000.
- Along with this, to apply under this scheme, the minimum age of the applicants should be 20 years and the maximum age should be 40 years.
- Apart from this, women doing manual work will also be considered eligible to get the benefits of this scheme.
Required Documents for Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023
Applicants are required to submit some important documents while applying for availing benefits under any government scheme. Similarly, such eligible and interested candidates who want to apply to get the benefits under the TN Free Sewing Machine Scheme started by the Government of Tamil Nadu, they need to submit the following important documents as prescribed by the government while applying:-
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Income Certificate
- Residence Proof
- Age Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Proof of knowing Tailoring
- Deserted Wife Certificate
- Community Certificate
- Destitute Widow Certificate
- Handicapped Medical Certificate
- Passport Size Photo
- Mobile Number
- Email Id
Procedure to Apply under Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme
Such interested and eligible citizens of Tamil Nadu state who want to apply for availing the benefits under the Free Sewing Machine Scheme 2023 started by the state government, they will have to follow the following guidelines:-
- First of all you have to go to the official website of TN Free Sewing Machine Scheme. Now the homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- You can also download the form by clicking on the link option given here. After that you have to take the printout of this form.
- Now you have to enter the details of all the necessary information asked in this form, such as:- your name, gender, address, date of birth, caste, category, annual income etc.
- After this you have to attach all the required documents with the application form. Now you have to submit this application form and attached documents to your nearest social welfare department office, after which you can apply under Tamil Nadu Free Sewing Machine Scheme.