West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2023 Apply Online, Last Date | Free Tablet Scheme Online Registration Form, Check Eligibility – Various schemes have been started by the Government of India to develop the education system of the country. Keeping this in mind, the state government of West Bengal has also started the WB Free Tablet Scheme on 3rd December. Through this scheme, tablets will be allotted to the economically weaker students of the state to get online education. Today, through this article, we will share with you all the necessary information related to West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2023, such as:- Purpose, Benefits, Features, etc. [Also read- Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023: Application Form, Eligibility & Renewal]
WB Free Tablet Scheme 2023
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme has been started by the Government of West Bengal, through which free tablets will be provided to the poor and financially weak students of the state to get online education. Through this scheme, students studying in class 12th in various government schools, government aided schools and madrassas of West Bengal will be benefited to continue online education. Along with this, computers will also be provided to the secondary schools of the state under WB Tablet Scheme 2023, so that government schools can also make the facility of online education possible. [Also read- West Bengal Career Guidance Portal | wbcareerportal.in Login & Registration]
Overview of West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme
|Scheme Name||West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme|
|Launched By||Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee|
|Beneficiaries||12th class students of State Government Schools, Government Aided Schools and Madrasas|
|Objective||Providing free tablets to the students of the state|
|Category||West Bengal Government Schemes|
Objectives of WB Free Tablet Scheme 2023
The West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme has been started by the Chief Minister of the state, Honorable Mamta Banerjee, whose main objective is to provide free tablets to the economically weaker students of the state to continue their online education. Under this scheme, free tablets will be distributed to about 9.5 lakh students of the state of West Bengal. Through this scheme of the Government of West Bengal, students studying in class XII in government schools, government-aided schools and madrasas of the state will be benefited. [Also read- (wbpds.gov.in) West Bengal Digital Ration Card: Apply Online, Download E Ration]
- The free tablets available under this scheme can be used by the beneficiary student for life.
- With the help of this scheme of the state government, the economically weaker students of the state will be able to complete their online education easily without any financial burden.
A plan has also been made by the Government of West Bengal to provide many different opportunities to help the citizens of the state. Some of which are as follows.
- Information Technology firms have registered a growth of 133% in the last 8 years in West Bengal.
- West Bengal’s IT exports have increased by 175%.
- The state government on December 1 has approved a proposal investment of Rs.3000 in the Silicon Valley hub of Bengal and 20 proposals for setting up IT offices.
- Under this scheme, 9000 IT professionals will be provided employment by the government.
- At present, more than 1500 IT companies including Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, IBM have their offices in West Bengal.
- There are about 2.1 lakh IT professionals in the state of West Bengal.
- The offer of Rs 350 crore has brought additional data from Bharti Airtel. Wipro has an expansion of Rs 500 crore in the state.
- The employment of all those in Tata Consultancy Services is expected to be 61000 thousand at present as compared to 44000 thousand now.
- Cognizant Technology Solutions has also been considered by the government and it is also expected to expand.
- ITC Infotech has almost completed its project in New Town. Through which about 3000 IT professionals will get employment.
- By July 2021, IT services giant Infosys will start setting up the proposed software development center in the state.
- Infosys has been allotted 50 acres of land by the state government.
Benefits and Features of West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme
- Under the WB Free Tablet Scheme 2023 started by the Government of West Bengal, poor and financially weak students of the state will be benefited.
- Through this scheme, free tablets will be provided to the 12th class students of the state.
- With the help of this scheme, benefits will be provided to the students studying in class 12th in government schools, government aided schools and madrassas of West Bengal.
- Along with this, 36000 government and government aided secondary schools, 14000 higher secondary schools and more than 600 madrasas have been covered under this scheme.
- Under this scheme of the Government of West Bengal free tablets will be distributed to about 9.5 lakh students of the state.
- The tablets received by the beneficiaries through the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme can be used throughout their life, with the help of which they will be able to take online education up to their graduation easily.
- Beneficiary students will be able to join the online class with the help of just one click sitting at home through the tablet received.
- Along with this, a free computer will be provided to all the secondary schools by the state government, with the help of which online classes can be conducted for the students.
Eligibility Criteria of WB Free Tablet Scheme
To get the benefits from any government scheme, applicants are required to fulfill certain eligibility criteria related to that scheme. Similarly, to get the benefits under the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2023 started by the Government of West Bengal, it will be mandatory for the applicants to fulfill the following eligibility criteria: –
- To apply under this scheme, the applicant should be a permanent resident of the state of West Bengal.
- The applicant should be pursuing education in a government school, government aided school or madrasa in the state of West Bengal.
- Under this scheme, only 12th class students of the state will be considered eligible.
- It will be mandatory for the interested applicant to clear all the previous examinations.
- Along with this, only such students will be considered eligible to get the benefits from this scheme, whose family annual income does not exceed Rs 2 lakh.
- Aadhar card
- School ID card
- Residence Certificate
- Address Proof
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photographs
- Scanned Signature
Application Procedure of West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme
The WB Free Tablet Scheme has just been announced by the State Government of West Bengal, at present, no dedicated portal facility has been made available related to this scheme. Such interested students of West Bengal who want to apply under this scheme of the state government, will have to wait for some time now. The official website will be started soon by the Government of West Bengal to receive the applications under this scheme. All those interested students who want to take advantage of this scheme by applying for it, they have to stay connected with our website for the latest updates. [Also read- Banglarbhumi: View banglarbhumi.gov.in (WB) Land Record Khatian]