EWS Certificate Assam Apply Online, Download Application Form & Check Eligibility | EWS Certificate Assam Validity, Income Limit & Rules – We all are well aware of the need and utility of various certificates issued by the State and Central Governments. Similarly, the EWS certificate started by the state government of Assam looks like an EWS certificate of salary, status and home approval. This certificate is given by the Assam State Government to the economically weaker citizens of the general category of the state. EWS may be treated as a subcategory in the booking submitted for overall classification. [Also read- e District Assam Portal: CSC Login, Registration & Certificates Application Status]
Assam EWS Certificate 2023
EWS Certificate Assam is given by the Assam State Government to the residents belonging to the Economically Weaker (EWS) category. Through this certificate of the state government, the economically weaker sections of the general category get the benefit of EWS reservation, with the help of this they can get 10% reservation in direct enrollment in general posts and administration. Along with EWS certificate, 10% attractive quality benefit is provided to the beneficiary citizens in government businesses and higher educational establishments. Beneficiaries getting EWS reservation are not considered eligible for the benefit of reservation under SC, ST and OBC classification. [Also read- Assam Bhulekh: जमाबंदी भूलेख खाता खतौनी, Dharitri Assam Land Record]
Overview of EWS Certificate Assam
|Article about||Assam EWS Certificate|
|Launched By||By the Revenue department|
|Beneficiaries||A person from exploited and weaker section|
|Objective||10% reservation in jobs, institutions|
|Benefits||Benefits of various services|
|Category||Assam State Government Schemes|
Objective of EWS Certificate Assam
The main objective of the EWS Certificate Assam launched by the Assam State Government is to benefit the economically weaker and deprived citizens of the state. Under this facility, an EWS certificate is provided to the eligible people who fill the EWS application form. This certificate, provided by the state government, is initially used as salary support and EWS certification provides the beneficiaries the benefit of 10% reservation in government businesses and establishments. Through this certificate, reservation will be provided to the economically weaker sections of the state belonging to the general category. [Also read- Assam Pension Scheme 2023: Apply Online, Get Application Form PDF]
Important Points of Assam EWS Certificate
- Under this, those who are selected according to merit, they will not be counted in the quota for reservation.
- The educational institutions and the recruiting government agencies should verify the genuineness of the income and asset certificates produced by the applicant through the certificate issuing authority.
- Apart from this, under this certificate, the people associated with it will be placed against the benchmark disability / quota for ex-servicemen, against the assessment rooster facts for EWS.
Benefits and Features of EWS Certificate Assam
- Assam EWS Certificate has been started by the Assam State Government, through which EWS certificate will be provided to the economically weaker and deprived people of the general category.
- Through this certificate, the benefit of 10% reservation in EWS certification for government businesses and establishments is provided to the beneficiary citizens of the state of Assam.
- EWS Certificate Assam also known as salary declaration is used by the beneficiaries initially as salary support.
- If all the posts reserved for EWS by the Assam State Government are not filled by the EWS certificate beneficiary during the recruitment process due to lack of eligible candidates, then in this situation unreserved category candidates will be appointed on the remaining posts.
- The eligible beneficiary of this certificate cannot be denied the right to compete for appointment against the unreserved vacancy.
- The selection of the beneficiary citizens of Assam EWS Certificate for appointment is done on the basis of merit, not on the basis of reservation.
Validity of Assam EWS Certificate
After applying for EWS Certificate Assam by the applicant citizens, an officer of the concerned office checks the income and assets of the applicant and after about 21 days of verification, the EWS certificate is provided to the applicant. Income and Asset Certificates are valid only for a specific time period and generally the validity of EWS Certificate is one year. [Also read- Assam Income Certificate: Apply Online, Form PDF & Application Status]
Eligibility Criteria for EWS Certificate Assam
Such interested citizens of the state of Assam who want to get the Assam EWS Certificate, it will be considered mandatory for them to fulfill both the income and assets criteria.
All the people who are not avail booking for SC, ST and OBC category. Similarly those whose complete family income is less than 6 lakhs per annum. (Here family salary includes receiving from all sources like gardening, compensation, business, business etc.) [Also read- Assam Pragyan Bharati Scooty Scheme 2023: Apply Online, Choice of Scooty]
Those who have resources other than family salary will not be included in EWS category: –
- If the applicant has 15 bigha or more cultivable land in rural areas, then the applicant will not be considered eligible for EWS certificate.
- Under this facility, if the applicant has 1 bigha or more land as residential land in a rural area, then the applicant will be considered as ineligible.
- If the applicant has 1.5 katha land in the notified Municipal Corporation / Municipal Board / Municipal Committee area.
- Houses having built up areas of 1000 square feet or more in notified Municipal Corporation/ Municipal Board/ Municipal Committee area will not be considered eligible.
Candidates should attach certain documents along with the structure for the use of EWS or Income Certificate. Attached archives must be available at the time of use.
- Voter ID card or Citizenship Certificate of self or Parents
- PAN card of self or parents
- Birth Certificate issued by Competent Authority/Admit card of the certificate of Madhyamik or equivalent examination
- Pay slip of Self/Parents
- Income Certificate from prescribed authorities
- Residential Certificate
- RoR/Parcha/Registered Deed
- Certificate in support of sub-caste from Pradhan of Gram Panchayat, Chairman of Municipalities, Councilor of Municipal Corporations
Authority for Issuance of Assam EWS Certificate
The following officials are officially authorized to issue the certificate under EWS Certificate Assam:-
- District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/First Class Stipendiary Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/Executive Magistrate/Additional Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family ordinarily resides.
Issuing Authority and Verifying Authority
Benefit of reservation under EWS where the candidate and/or his family ordinarily resides. Can be obtained on production of Income and Asset Certificate issued through Circle Officer or Circle Officer of that revenue circle. Income and asset certificates issued by any one of the following authorities in the assessment format will be accepted only as proof of claim of the people connected with it that goes :-
- The certificate issuing authority will first thoroughly verify all the relevant documents as per the prescribed procedure and only then issue the certificate.
- Except in cases where the crucial date has been prescribed otherwise. The crucial date for submission of Income and Asset Certificates by the candidate may be treated as the last date for receipt of applications for the post.
The officers appointed are required to be included in these clauses for the proposal to appoint applicants claiming to be associated with the EWS.
- If the verification reveals that the drug being linked to EWS is false, the prejudice will be terminated forthwith without hearing any arguments. The appointment is provisional and subject to the income and asset certificate being verified through proper channels, he/she will be dealt with under the provisions of the Indian Penal Code for producing false certificates.
- The certificate presenting authority should also verify the correctness of the Income and Asset Certificates produced through the candidate.
Procedure to Apply under EWS Certificate Assam
- Under the Assam EWS Certificate facility started by the Assam State Government, the benefit of reservation to the applicants under EWS can be obtained only after the production of Income and Asset Certificate issued by the Circle Officer of the Revenue Circle.
- The income and assets of the applicant are verified by the concerned authority before providing the EWS certificate to the applicants.
- After the scrutiny of the application is completed the application is submitted to the authority, after which the applicant has to appear for verification of family income and sub-caste on a specified date within 2 weeks from the date of receipt of the application .
- Thereafter, the verification test report and application will be sent to the concerned certificate issuing authority who will scrutinize the relevant report and supporting documents.
- If everything is found satisfactory regarding the eligibility of the applicant, the Income and Asset Certificate will be issued to the applicant in the prescribed format.