ceir.gov.in Complaint Form | CEIR Helpline Number | Fill Online Complaint Form to Search Lost Mobile at ceir.gov.in portal
Telecom Minister Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the ceir.gov.in portal to report phone thefts. The Central Government has introduced a new Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) service at ceir.gov.in to report phone thefts. With this new ceir.gov.in portal of the government, now all those people whose mobile is stolen or roamed, can easily register their complaint and this method is very easy, you just have to go online and fill the registration form. And the biggest feature of the portal is that you can block your mobile so that your important data is not stolen, so friends, if you want to get all the information related to Find Lost Mobile, then you have to read this article. [Also Read- (Registration) CIDCO Lottery 2021: Application Form, Login, & Eligibility]
If your mobile is stolen or lost, you have to register the complaint on the ceir.gov.in portal and inform C-DOT through helpline number 14422. Thus, the central government will now help you find and block your lost or stolen mobile phone through IMEI verification. At present this scheme is only for Delhi and Maharashtra but according to the central government this scheme will be implemented in the whole country soon, so friends, if you want to get more information related to ceir.gov.in portal then you have to go to the official website. [Also Read- E Sanjeevani OPD: Patient Registration, esanjeevaniopd.in Mobile App]
Highlights of CEIR Portal to Search Lost Mobile
|Scheme Name||Block Stolen Lost Mobile|
|Launched By||Telecom Deptt|
|Objective||Track Lost Phone|
|Category||Central Govt. Schemes|
Objectives of CEIR Portal
The main objective of launching the ceir.gov.in portal, the Central Equipment Identity Register portal, was to reduce the fraudulent practices in the mobile phone market. This portal will enable easy locating of stolen/lost mobile phones. This will block the IMEI number of such mobile phone and as a result, the service network operator will blacklist that particular device. Such operations will protect consumer interests as well as reduce the chances of misuse of inserted SIM cards and mobile phones. [Also Read- AIMS Portal: RESS Salary Slip, Download Railway Employee Pay Slip]
Benefits of ceir.gov.in portal
With the establishment of the ceir.gov.in portal, mobile users were at ease and it is very helpful if their handset is lost due to their carelessness or theft. Users were greatly benefited as it was now very convenient and easy to block and track their missing devices. The portal will block the IMEI of the respective phone. As a result, all networks will limit their service to the blocked IMEI. However, the police will still be able to trace the phone. Furthermore, blocking the phone’s IMEI will eliminate the possibility of the missing device being misused. [Also Read- EWS Certificate: Apply Online, Fee, Validity & Application Status]
- Invoice of Mobile
- FIR Copy
- Aadhar card/ driving license/ voter card/ pan card/ other government-approved photo ID proof (one of these documents)
Use of KYM via SMS
- You will need to type KYM <15-digit IMEI number> from your mobile and send it to 14422. The status of the phone will be on your screen.
Through KYM App
- If you enter the IMEI number in the KYM app, you can check the status of your mobile.
KYM Access through Official Website
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of the ceir.gov.in portal. After this, the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On the home page of the website, you have to click on the option of “Here”. After this a form will open in front of you.
- In this form, you have to enter the details of the information asked like- mobile number etc. After this OTP will be received on your mobile number.
- Now you have to enter this OTP at the specified location.
- After this you have to enter the 15-digit IMEI number, The phone’s status will be open in front of you.