Coir Udyami Yojana Apply Online | CUY Registration | Coir Udyami Scheme Application Procedure | Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY) in Hindi
The Government of India has started many schemes for the purpose of solving the problem of unemployment and promoting self-employment in the country. One of these schemes is also Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY). This scheme has been started with the goal of bringing growth in the field of business or industry related to jute. Under this scheme, the Central Government is focusing on increasing production with the help of mechanization and modernization of the production techniques used in the coir industry. [Also Read- (Login) E-Sampada Portal Registration: Eligibility, Services & Mobile App]
Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)
At present, due to the growth in the plastics industry, the jute industry is facing huge losses. Coir Udyami Yojana 2023 has been started to overcome this problem and to bring growth in the jute industry. The scheme is a credit-linked subsidy scheme, which helps entrepreneurs to set up coir manufacturing units for a project cost of up to Rs 10 lakh and working capital, which will not exceed 25% of the project cost. Also, 40% of the project cost will be provided to the entrepreneurs as subsidy and working capital will not be included under subsidy. The benefit of this scheme can be availed by such interested start-up businessmen who want to set up a coir manufacturing unit. [Also Read- National Portal for Transgender: Application Login, Certificate Download, Registration Form]
Overview of Coir Udyami Yojana
|Scheme Name||Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)|
|Launched By||Central Government|
|Objective||To pramote growth in the Jute Industry|
|Benefits||40% of the project cost is provided as subsidy|
|Category||Central Government Scheme|
Objectives of Coir Udyami Yojana
The main objective of Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY) is to bring development in the industry by modernizing the coir industry. Under this scheme, the coir industry will be modernized by using modern techniques in the production and processing of coir and coir products. The existing production and processing technologies are being upgraded to increase productivity, quality and product diversification of jute. Through this scheme of the central government, more and more employment opportunities will be created in the rural areas of coconut-producing states or union territories, so that the use of coconut husk can be promoted and the production of coir fiber and coir products can be increased.
- Through this scheme, the Government of India will provide employment opportunities for women in rural areas, focusing on gender empowerment.
- The purpose of Coir Udyami Yojana is to contribute to the development of the weaker sections of the country, especially the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and North Eastern Region.
- Through this scheme, proper training related to the coir industry will also be provided to the rural youth of coconut-producing states or union territories, which will also increase the income of the workers.
55 Percent Loan is Available and 40 Percent Subsidy is Available
Coir Board i.e. Jute Board works under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises to be set up by the government, through which work is done to promote the products made of jute. This CUY i.e. Coir Entrepreneur Scheme has been started by the board, with the help of which any citizen who is proficient in the work related to jute, and wants to open his own business, can get benefits by applying under this scheme. To take advantage of this scheme, the applicant will have to pay 5 percent of the project cost on his own behalf, and 55 percent of the loan is given by the banks, whose repayment period will be seven years. a 40 percent subsidy is given to the applicant by the Coir Board. [Also Read- PMJAY CSC: Registration, Login, Download Ayushman Card | Mera PMJAY]
Which Jute Businesses are Included in This Scheme?
Some special industries related to jute have been included in this scheme by the Central Government. These industries are as follows:-
- Floor mat means floor mat, carpet or sackcloth etc.
- Jute brush
- Foam mattress support
- Seat mattress
- Large business of other small works, such as the business of making twine, rope etc.
Benefits and Features of Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY)
The benefits and features to be received from the Coir Udyami Yojana started by the Central Government are as follows:-
- The Government of India has started this scheme with the aim of setting up micro and small scale coir units in the country.
- Under Coir Udyami Yojana 2023 of the Central Government, the maximum cost of coir project should be up to Rs 10 lakh only, in which the cost of working capital will not be included in the project cost.
- The beneficiary applicant will have to bear only 5% of the project cost and he can get the benefit of 40% subsidy of the project cost from the government at the beginning of the project.
- The remaining 55% of the project cost is provided by the Central Government to the applicant as loan on concessional terms.
- Under this scheme, the project cost plus one working capital cycle should not exceed 25% of the project cost.
Eligibility Criteria for Coir Udyami Yojana 2023
Various eligibility criteria have been set by the central government for applicants under Coir Udyami Yojana, some of which are as follows:-
- Under this scheme, such applicants will be considered eligible, who have the ownership of either the place of business or the house.
- If the ownership of the place of business or one of the houses is in the name of the applicant’s parents, brother-sister, husband-wife, son-daughter, then in this situation also the applicant will be considered eligible.
- The jute industry of the applicant must be at least two years old.
- Under Coir Udyami Yojana 2023 , the minimum annual ITR of the industry related to jute should be Rs 1.5 lakh.
- It will be mandatory for the applicant’s business to have a minimum annual turnover of Rs 10 lakh. If the annual turnover of the business is less than Rs 10 lakh, then in such a situation the applicant will not be considered eligible.
- Companies, Individuals, NGOs, Self Help Groups, Registered Societies, Production Co-operative Societies and Charitable Trusts are eligible to apply under this scheme of Government of India.
- If the applicant belongs to a particular caste, then it will be mandatory for them to present the caste certificate issued by the competent authority.
- If the beneficiary is an applicant other than an individual, he/she has to attach a certified copy of the organization’s bye-laws with the application.
- If the applicant wants to get a working capital loan from the bank without subsidy then he/she has to submit a detailed report of working capital cycle and requirement.
- The applicant will be required to submit a detailed work-out of the project cost including capital expenditure, machinery and building.
- If the applicant is an individual then he/she will have to submit his/her KYC documents such as identity proof and residential proof.
- Appropriate registration documents in case of non-individual applicants
- Property document of the proposed location for the coir manufacturing unit
- Evidence of Coir Industry Experience
- Certificate of EDP (Entrepreneurship Development Programme) training
- Industrial Establishment Certificate (Issued by DIC)
- Plan and Estimate of civil construction work. The plan has to be certified by the Charter Engineer.
Coir Udyami Yojana (CUY) 2023 Registration Procedure
Interested jute entrepreneurs who want to apply online under the Coir Udyami Yojana started by the Central Government, they will have to follow the following guidelines:-
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the Coir Board. Now the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of Apply Online. If you are already a registered user, you will see a login window in which you have to enter your login details.
- If you are not already a registered user then you have to click on the option of New Login Registration. Now the registration application form will open in front of you.
- After this, you will have to enter the details of all the necessary information asked in the application form, such as- Name, Mobile Number, Email ID, Aadhar Number and Security Question etc.
- Now, you have to click on the confirm option, after which your registration will be done.
How to Apply Offline for a Jute Entrepreneur Scheme?
Apart from online application, there is also an offline application process for this scheme, which is as follows:-
- First of all you have to go to the Jute Board Office, District Industrial Center, Jute Project Office, Panchayati Raj Department, Office designated by Jute Board.
- From there you have to take the application form, and fill all the necessary information asked in it.
- After this, you will have to submit this application form by attaching the photocopies of the documents asked in it.
- Now your application form will be sent to the government office for further processing. If the application is approved after due scrutiny,Then the applicant will be informed.
- Phone Number- 91-484-2351807, 2351788, 2351954
- Email ID- [email protected]
- Website- http://coirservices.gov.in/Html_Files/ContactUs.html
Who can apply for this consortium?
All CUY beneficiaries can apply to become a member of this consortium.
What is the Nature of Assistance under CUY Marketing Assistance?
- Establishment of Marketing Consortium
- Participation in Fairs/Exhibitions
- Rental Space in Showroom
- Office premises rental
- Reimbursement of salaries of union employees
Which financial institutions are empowered to provide assistance under the CUY scheme?
All Scheduled Commercial Banks listed in the Second Schedule to the RBI Act, All Regional Rural Banks, Co-operative Banks which are Member Lending Institutions (MLIs) of Credit Guarantee Trust Fund for MSMEs as well as SC/ST/OBC Finance and Development Corporations.
How do I apply for this consortium?
Can apply online through an official portal.
How are the beneficiaries identified under Coir Udyami Yojana?
The beneficiaries are identified by a committee consisting of representatives from Coir Board, DIC, Coir Project Office, Banks, Panchayati Raj Institutions etc.
Are there any criteria to buy machinery for Coir Udyami Yojana?
Yes, the machinery purchased under the scheme has the norms and specifications laid down by the Coir Board, which must be fulfilled.
How can I market the coir products produced under Coir Udyami Yojana?
The government has allocated a dedicated budget to give wide awareness about coir products, and the budget is spent for participating in the exhibitions. Through the scheme the board will motivate the applicant to market the products at reasonable rates.