Citizen Smart Card Scheme Application Form, Eligibility & Required Documents | Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme Apply Online, Services Offered – Various schemes and programs have been made available in digital format by the Gujarat government for the convenience of the citizens of the state. In this direction, another scheme named Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme has been started recently by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani. Through this scheme, an effort has been made to provide a transparent and corruption-free administration to the citizens of the state with the help of digital technology. [Also read- RTE Gujarat Admission 2023: Admission Form, Eligibility & Last Date]
Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme 2023
Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme has been launched in Mandvi Municipality by the Chief Minister of the state through video conferencing from Gandhinagar. At present, this scheme has been officially started in only one municipality and soon it is likely to be extended to other municipalities or state level. Let us tell you that till the end of December 2020, a total of 51 services were offered by the state government through the digital platform in 8,000 Gujarati villages, out of which 35 services have been started smoothly.
- At present, there is no official website available related to this scheme. Gujarat government will soon launch a new dedicated portal for inviting applications from citizens for Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme or applications can also be invited through the official website of the state government, digitalgujarat.gov.in. [Also read- Ikhedut Portal: Registration, Application Status, ikhedut.gujarat.gov.in]
Overview of Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme
|Scheme Name||Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme|
|Launched By||By Chief Minister Vijay Rupani|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of the State|
|Application Procedure||To be declared soon|
|Objective||To Provide Corruption-Free and Transparent Government|
|Benefits||Smart Card Facility to Citizens to avail Various Services|
|Category||Gujarat Government Schemes|
|Official Website||To be Launched Soon|
Objectives of Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme
The main objective of Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme 2023 is to reduce corruption in the country and provide transparent government services benefits to the citizens. It is known to all that personal documentation is very important for citizens of all states of the country to access various types of services, due to which citizens have to face many challenges. Keeping this in mind, Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme 2023 has been started. After the introduction of this scheme, citizens will no longer need to carry hard copies of their personal documents using Citizen Services, instead of carrying all those documents only one smart card will be required. [Also read- (Apply) मुख्यमंत्री किसान सहाय योजना 2023: (કિસાન સહાય) ऑनलाइन आवेदन, पंजीकरण स्टेटस]
- Through this scheme, citizens will be able to access their documents to a great extent and they will get the guarantee of an honest and open government, this will also bring transparency in their working system.
Database of Families under the Scheme
Under the Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme 2023 launched by the state government, a database of 7000 local families of Mandvi town has been prepared by the Gujarat government. The database of families will contain the following details:-
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Election Card
- Recent Photo
Note:- All the above details of the families will be collected only with their consent.
Benefits and Features of Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme
- Through this smart card launched by the Government of Gujarat, all the citizens of the state can easily take advantage of various types of services running in the state.
- Apart from this, under the Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme, the data of all the citizens of the state will be captured by the government and this data of the citizens will also be kept safe.
- This smart card will be used in income certificates, caste certificates, BPL certificates etc. Apart from this, initially this system was started as a pilot project for 700 families of the municipality.
- This smart card started by the Gujarat government will be provided by the government to only a few selected families.
- By the end of December, more than 50 online services will be provided to 8000 villages through this digital programme.
- Under this scheme, a target has been set by the state government to provide digital services to 8000 villages by the year 2021, that is, through this smart card, digital publicity will be done in about 8000 villages to the citizens.
- Promotion of digital literacy and transparency in government service will be given to the citizens of the state through this smart card.
Important Documents and Eligibility Criteria
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhar card
- address proof
- passport size photo
- The citizen applying under this scheme is required to be a native of Gujarat state.
- All important documents should be accessed by all citizens of the state using this smart card.
Gujarat Citizen Smart Card Scheme Application Procedure
Gujarat Smart Card Scheme has only been announced by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani. As of now, no information has been shared related to the application of this scheme. If you want to apply under this scheme in online / offline mode, then you have to wait a little. If any information is shared by any ministry or department, we will update it in the IAS article. [Also read- (Registration) Suryashakti Kisan Yojana (SKY) 2023: Application Form]