Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi How to Apply & Hospital List | Kerala’s Health Insurance Scheme Application Form, Eligibility & Benefits – Even today there are many such citizens in our country who are unable to get basic medical facilities due to poverty and financial constraints. Various schemes have been started by the Government of India to provide better health services to the citizens of such backward and poor sections of the society. In this direction, Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP) has been started by the Government of Kerala, under which quality medical facilities will be provided to the underprivileged citizens of the state. [Also read- eHealth Kerala 2023: ehealth.kerala.gov.in Registration, Login & Download Card]
Today, through this article, we will tell you all the necessary information related to Kerala’s Health Insurance Scheme, such as:- Purpose, Benefits, Features, Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required, Application Process etc. [Also read- PSC Thulasi Login (KPSC) | Kerala PSC Thulasi Profile Login & Registration]
Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP)
Karunya Health Insurance Scheme has been started by the State Government of Kerala, under which health insurance coverage is provided to the poor and economically disabled citizens of the state suffering from serious diseases. Through this scheme, financial assistance is provided in the form of health insurance coverage to citizens suffering from serious diseases such as cancer, hemophilia, kidney diseases, heart diseases etc. to get proper and quality treatment. Under this scheme of the state government, Rs 5 lakh per year is provided to the beneficiary family as financial assistance. The amount of financial assistance received through this scheme is medical coverage for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization by the beneficiary. [Also read- Athijeevanam Keraliyam Scheme 2023 : Online Registration, Eligibility & Benefits]
State of Kerala decided to converge all the Government sponsored health care schemes, such as:- RSBY (Central and State Government combined scheme, where the premium is shared in the ratio 60:40), Comprehensive Health Insurance Scheme-CHIS (Kerala government fully sponsored scheme i.e. full premium paid by the State), Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme-SCHIS (all the senior beneficiaries aged 60 years and above in the RSBY/CHIS families were provided additional coverage of Rs 30,000 per beneficiary) and Karunya Benevolent Fund-KBF (Trust model implemented through Lottery department) along with Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) and formulated Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP). [Also read- E-Grantz 3.0: Student Registration, Track Application, Login & egrantz.kerala.gov.in Status]
Overview of Kerala’s Health Insurance Scheme
|Scheme Name||Karunya Health Insurance Scheme|
|Launched By||By Kerala Government|
|Beneficiaries||Poor and Economically Weaker Citizens of the State|
|Objective||To Provide Health Insurance Coverage to Poor People Suffering from Serious Illness|
|Benefits||Health Insurance Coverage|
|Category||Kerala Government Schemes|
Objective of Karunya Health Insurance Scheme
The main objective of Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP) run by the Kerala State Government is to provide medical assistance to the economically weaker citizens of the state population. Under this scheme health insurance coverage is provided to poor citizens suffering from serious diseases for quality treatment. This scheme is a ray of hope for such underprivileged citizens of the state who cannot afford the costly healthcare of serious diseases due to financial weakness. [Also read- Kerala Vidyakiranam Scheme 2023 : Online Download Application Form PDF]
Citizens suffering from critical illness enrolled under this scheme are provided financial assistance of Rs 5 lakh annually in the form of health insurance coverage. Along with this, some private hospitals have also been included under this scheme of the state government without compromising on the quality of healthcare. [Also read- (KSSM) Kerala Social Security Mission 2023 : Download Application Form]
Benefits of Karunya Health Insurance Scheme
- Under this scheme, insurance is offered by the government for Rs. Under this, an insurance of up to Rs 2 lakh is given for the treatment of the disease covered.
- Apart from this, if the severity of any disease increases, then the amount of this insurance is increased by the government to 3 lakh rupees.
- Under this, if the expenditure incurred for the treatment of any serious disease is much more than the initially estimated amount, then the amount of reimbursement will be provided to the beneficiaries under this scheme.
- At least 5 members of the beneficiary’s family can get the benefit of treatment under Kerala’s Health Insurance Scheme. Apart from this, a separate card will be issued to each person.
Features of Karunya Health Insurance Scheme
- Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP) launched by the Government of Kerala is fully funded by the State Government.
- The scheme provides a cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization in empaneled public and private hospitals.
- Through this scheme cashless access to health care services is provided for the beneficiary at the point of service, i.e. in the hospital.
- This scheme of the state government is envisaged to help reduce the disastrous expenditure on medical treatment.
- Under this scheme, expenses such as diagnosis and medicines are covered by the beneficiaries for 3 days before hospitalization and 15 days after hospitalization.
- Along with this, there is no restriction on the size, age or gender of the family under this scheme.
- The benefits of Kerala’s Health Insurance Scheme are portable across the country i.e. the beneficiary can visit any public or private hospital in India to avail cashless treatment.
- Services include approximately 1,573 procedures covering all the costs related to treatment, including but not limited to drugs, supplies, diagnostic services, physician’s fees, room charges, surgeon charges, OT and ICU charges etc.
- Through this scheme government hospitals are reimbursed for health services at par with private hospitals.
- Also, all the pre-existing conditions under this plan are covered from day one.
Eligibility Criteria of Kerala’s Health Insurance Scheme
To get the benefits of any government scheme, the candidate is required to fulfill certain eligibility criteria related to that scheme. Similarly, in order to avail benefits under Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP) launched by the State Government of Kerala, it will be mandatory for the interested candidates to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:-
- To apply under the Karunya Health Insurance Scheme, candidates must be a permanent resident of the state of Kerala.
- Under this scheme, only the families belonging to the poor, BPL and APL whose family annual income does not exceed Rs 3 lakh, will be considered eligible to apply.
- Along with this, while applying under this scheme, it will be mandatory for the candidates to have their Aadhar card and income certificate as the primary documents.
- Aadhaar Card or Voter ID Card
- Income Certificate
- Residential Certificate
- BPL Card
- Ration Card
- Passport Size Photo
- Mobile Number
Procedure to Register under Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP)
Such interested citizens of Kerala who want to get themselves registered to get the benefits under the Karunya Health Insurance Scheme started by the state government, they will have to follow the following guidelines:-
- First of all you have to go to the official website of Karunya Health Insurance Scheme. Now the homepage of the website will open on your screen.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option ‘How to apply’. After this an application form will open in front of you in PDF format.
- Now you have to download the application form in this PDF format and take a print out of it. After that you have to enter the details of all the necessary information asked in this application form.
- After this, you have to attach all the important documents asked for with the application form. Now you have to submit the application form and attached documents to the concerned department.
How does a person get to know about the current status of his/her application?
You can keep track of the status of your application very conveniently by visiting the official website of Karunya Health Insurance Scheme. For this, you have to first go to the official website and click on the option of “Application Track”. After this the status of the application comes in front of you.
Does the beneficiary receive the Karuna Bima Yojana Card?
Of course, a separate insurance scheme card will be issued by the Kerala government in the name of the beneficiary. To avail free treatment under this scheme, this card has to be submitted along with other documents to the network hospitals.
Are pre-existing diseases covered under this plan?
Pre-existing diseases are also covered under this plan. In other words, beneficiaries suffering from a medical condition long before enrollment through this scheme will also be eligible for cashless treatment.
How is this scheme funded?
Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP) is managed by the State Lotteries Department. Funds for the initiative of this scheme are collected through Kerala Lotteries, the amount collected will be used to complete settlement works for empaneled hospitals. Will be done.
Will the beneficiary have to pay any charges for availing the medical benefits of the scheme?
Yes, any single person has to pay a nominal fee to be a beneficiary of the facilities provided under this scheme. Anyway, a large part of the expenditure is fixed by the Kerala government.
Is there an online application process for the Corona Health Insurance Scheme?
The process of offline application under this scheme has not been made available yet. Under this scheme, the applicants who want to get the benefits, for this they will have to go to the official website started by the state government and download the application form.
Where can I get Karuna Health Insurance Hospital List?
For this, you can get the list of hospitals accepting Karunya Health Insurance by visiting the official website, at that place you will get a long list of both empaneled and out-of-panel hospitals.