The Delhi government keeps on launching various schemes from time to time to benefit the residents of its state. Recently, Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme has been announced by Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, under which subsidy on electricity bills of citizens will now become optional. Under the Delhi New Voluntary Subsidy Scheme, the citizens of the state will be free to decide whether they are willing to take advantage of the subsidy that gives free energy up to 200 units in a month and 50% discount up to 400 units per month. Today we will provide you all the necessary information related to Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme through this article, so stay with us till the end. [Also read- DDA Housing Scheme 2023: Online Application, Flat Registration & Price List]
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme 2023
Under the Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme launched by the State Chief Minister Honorable Arvind Kejriwal, the residents of the state are provided with the option of voluntary subsidy on the electricity bill. Such interested citizens of the state who want to continue getting benefits even after the announcement of Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme, have to apply for voluntary subsidy, the last date of which has been fixed by the state government as 30 September 2023. Let us tell you that along with providing 24 hours free electricity facility to the people of the state, the effective government has done the work of rebuilding the infrastructure to save money and has also brought transparency in the system by reducing corruption. [Also read- Delhi Marriage Registration: Apply Online, Application Status, Fee Details]
- In Delhi, about 58 crore citizens use electricity on houses, of which 47 crore are subsidized. Out of these 47 crore consumers, 30 crore people are provided free subsidy and about 16-17 crore consumers are provided 50 percent subsidy.
- The state government has highlighted that if citizens want to get the benefit of subsidy on electricity bills, then it will be mandatory for them to get themselves registered under the Delhi New Voluntary Subsidy Scheme.
- Along with this, two suitable options have been provided to the citizens to get the benefits of subsidized programs, for which they will need to do proper work before the end of October.
- The subsidy eligibility for the citizens will totally depend on the month of application made by them i.e. if the application is made by the consumer in the month of September then the subsidy will be started in the month of October.
- This scheme launched by the state government will be operated for one year, which is renewed every year.
- At present, such consumers of Delhi do not have to pay any kind of duty or taxes for the use of electricity, whose annual energy usage is less than 200 units.
- Along with this, such citizens of the state who use up to 400 units of electricity per month, they are provided a rebate of 50% of their total bill i.e. up to Rs 800.
- All electricity consumers in Delhi will receive an important document along with their September energy bill, which they must complete in order to continue receiving the subsidy.
- Apart from this, if the electricity subscription of the citizen is with the BSES electricity service provider, then they can easily apply for the Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme through WhatsApp.
- If the citizens are residing in rented accommodation and are desirous of getting subsidy, then it will be mandatory for them to inform their housing owner to get subsidy.
- Citizens living on rent will have to do so as applying for subsidy requires a registered mobile number linked to the BSES website.
Overview of Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme
|Scheme Name||Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme|
|Launch By||By Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of the State|
|Application Procedure||Online/Offline Mode|
|Objective||Providing Options to Citizens to Subsidize Electricity Bills|
|Benefits||Optional Subsidy on Electricity Bills|
|Category||Delhi Government Schemes|
Objective of Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme
The main objective of the Delhi New Voluntary Subsidy Scheme recently launched by the Kejriwal government is to provide options to the citizens of the state for subsidy in electricity bills. Before the launch of this scheme, it was mandatory for all citizens to opt for subsidy, which some citizens were in favor of getting and some were not. There was a desire of a large section of the citizens of the state that electricity subsidy should not be mandatory and the option should be provided to the people to get the subsidy or not. Focusing on this desire of the people, the state government has started the Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme, under which the subsidy on electricity bills has now been made voluntary for the residents of the state. [Also read- दिल्ली इलेक्ट्रिक व्हीकल पॉलिसी (EV Policy) 2023: ऑनलाइन आवेदन, डीलर लिस्ट ev.delhi.gov.in]
Benefits and Features of Delhi New Voluntary Subsidy Scheme
- Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme has been started by the Delhi Government, under which the residents of the state will be provided with the facility of alternative subsidy on electricity bills.
- Under this scheme the citizens of the state will be free to decide whether they are willing to take the benefit of subsidy on electricity bills or not.
- Before the launch of this scheme, it was mandatory for all the citizens of Delhi to get subsidies on electricity bills, which was a kind of coercive pressure on the citizens.
- Through this scheme launched by the Kejriwal government, the subsidy has been made voluntary, which has created an atmosphere of harmony and democracy.
- At present, a total of two types of subsidies are provided to the domestic electricity consumers of the state.
- Electricity energy up to 200 units per month is provided free of cost to about 3,039,766 domestic electricity consumers of the state.
- Along with this, there are about 1,659,976 consumers in the state, who are provided a rebate of up to Rs 800 on their total electricity bill for using electricity from 201 units to 400 units.
- Apart from this, interested citizens can get the benefit of the service under this scheme through mobile contact, WhatsApp or SMS.
Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme Whatsapp Number
Such interested citizens of the state of Delhi who want to apply to continue receiving the benefits of subsidy under the Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme started by the state government, can contact on the following WhatsApp number:-
Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme Eligibility Criteria
To get the benefits under any government scheme, candidates need to fulfill some important eligibility criteria related to that scheme. Similarly, in order to avail the benefits under the Delhi New Voluntary Subsidy Scheme launched by the Kejriwal government, it will be mandatory for the candidates to fulfill the following eligibility criteria set by the state government:-
- To get the benefit of subsidy on electricity bills under Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme, the applicant should be a permanent citizen of India and a resident of Delhi state.
- Along with this, applicants should have a registered connection with the electricity department of the state to get the benefits under this scheme.
Documents Required for Delhi New Voluntary Subsidy Scheme
- For ID verification, applicants must have a Voter ID or Aadhar Card.
- Mobile number registered with electricity department
- E mail ID
Procedure to Apply through WhatsApp under Delhi Power Subsidy Scheme
Such interested citizens of the state who want to apply through WhatsApp to get electricity bill subsidy under the Delhi Electricity Subsidy Scheme started by the Delhi Government, will have to follow the following procedures:-
- First of all you have to download the WhatsApp app on your mobile. Now you have to save the contact number “70113111111” in your mobile.
- After this you have to send a message of “Hello” from your WhatsApp to the “70113111111” contact number.
- Now you will get a confirmation message that the subsidy has been applied on your electricity bill, after which you will be able to avail free electricity.
To Apply through QR Code
- First you have to scan the QR code on the subsidy form attached with your latest BSES bill. You will now receive an SMS link on your BSES-registered mobile number.
- After this, you have to click on the option of SMS link received on the BSES-registered mobile number.
- You will now receive a confirmation message informing that the subsidy has been implemented on your electricity payment.
Offline Application Procedure
- All the users will be provided with a letter form by BSES in the next two billing cycles, which will have to be filled by the users.
- You have to enter your Voter ID details along with your mobile number in this letter form.
- After this your name, CA number and address will be updated automatically. Now you have to go to your nearest billing location.
- Now you have to submit the form for subsidy at the billing counter. You will need to complete this form before your subsequent billing cycle.