National Overseas Scholarship Scheme for SC 2023-24 Registration Form | NOS Scholarship Apply Online, Selection Procedure – For the purpose of educating every single student of the country, the government is always working, and keeps on organizing new schemes. On this path the Government of India has launched the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme, under which the students of Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomads, Semi-nomadic tribes, landless agricultural laborers and traditional artisans will be provided the benefit of scholarship for pursuing higher education. Through the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS), deserving students will be able to get education abroad. Every information related to this scholarship has been included in this article. [Also Read- Khelo India Youth Games 2023 Registration: Eligibility, Entry Form & Schedule]
National Overseas Scholarship (NOS)
The National Overseas Scholarship is a scholarship facility, which has been started by the Government of India. The benefit of this scholarship will be given to those students whose family income is less and they belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes. There are many such students in the country who despite being promising are unable to complete their education due to financial constraints, and for such students, the government has started the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS). Under this scholarship scheme 100 scholarships are offered every year, which include Master’s courses and PHD etc. To fulfill these financial assistance is provided by the government. Every year 30% of the scholarship benefits are reserved for women candidates under the National Overseas Scholarship. [Also Read- EWS Certificate: Apply Online, Fee, Validity & Application Status]
Overview of National Overseas Scholarship Scheme
|Scholarship Name||National Overseas Scholarship|
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||SC, ST and Other Lower Class Students|
|Objective||To Encourage Education by Giving Benefit of Scholarship|
|Category||Central Government Schemes|
Objective of National Overseas Scholarship
With the aim of reducing the increasing unemployment in the country as well as educating the students, the Government of India has launched the National Overseas Scholarship which will be able to take advantage of the lower class students living in the country. Under this scholarship, financial assistance will be provided by the government to all the beneficiaries. Through which students will be able to take advantage of higher level education by going abroad. Through the NOS Scholarship (NOS), all the expenses from tuition fees to studies will be borne by the government. With the benefit of this scholarship, all the students will be able to shape their future which will also improve the financial condition of their family. [Also Read- E Sanjeevani OPD: Patient Registration, esanjeevaniopd.in Mobile App]
Monitoring of National Overseas Scholarship
- A biennial progress report will be received by the Indian Mission from the University or Institute from where the awardee is pursuing his studies.
- The Ministry of Mission will be informed of such developments in case any decision is required to be taken regarding the continuance of the award for the scholarship.
- Under the National Overseas Scholarship, the payment of maintenance allowance is associated with the submission of progress reports.
- The Ministry of Mission will also provide advice to the winners that their hard work should be done so that their achievement can be improved.
- Maintenance allowance will be paid in advance to the awardee for the first semester.
- Apart from this, maintenance allowance can be paid for the next semester under National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) after the satisfactory progress report of the awardees is received.
- Under this, a portal will be established for implementation and monitoring of the system, along with a program monitoring unit will also be established.
- An allocation of 1.5% of the budget can be made by the Central Government to meet the administrative expenses, under this, inter alia, appointment of suitable persons or technical experts, development of the module of the portal, travel, meeting/conference etc. Planning Any other necessary expenditure may be added, on the contrary it is essential for the evaluation, improvement, implementation of this plan.
Some Special Points About National Overseas Scholarship
- If any of the selected persons is absent in a particular year corresponding to the category listed, then the award for that year will be given to the candidate of any other category.
- Under this, if female candidates are not present, then unused slots will be provided to male candidates. In this scheme, 30% of the entire scholarship has been earmarked for female applicants.
- Apart from this, no subject of graduation has been included in the syllabus under this scheme.
- Under this scholarship scheme, those students who are already studying abroad will not be eligible to apply for this scheme.
- If a candidate has a conditional offer of admission in the top 1000 ranked institutes or universities as per the latest availability QS ranking, then the candidate will be selected for grant of scholarship to the students during the first three rounds of scholarship out of all the four rounds.
- The selection priority in the middle of the fourth round will be as follows –
- Applicants who must have presented an unconditional admit card from the top 1000 QS ranking institute in the fourth round.
- Such students who have presented the application certificate of any type of cycle in any recognized institute.
- And that applicant should have presented an unconditional admit card in another recognized institute in the previous year or current cycle.
- If any kind of financial situation is mentioned in the admit card like depositing fees or any other amount then it will not be accepted at once for considering the application.
Role of Indian Mission Under National Overseas Scholarship
- The tuition fee, maintenance allowance and any other kind of allowances under this scholarship will be paid by the government to the Indian Mission students.
- Under this, if the scholarship awardee is not able to complete the course within the stipulated time, on the contrary, if it is certified by the Head of Department and the candidate’s guide that the candidate does not lack commitment and dedication towards studies, So the exemption will be provided to them by the ministry.
- Under the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS), the return airfare route to India will be provided by the Indian Mission, the shortest route and the economic class.
- In addition, honorable students who have resided abroad for more than one month after completion of the course, in which case the student is required to finance his return to India in the value of the home. In addition, the student will also not be entitled to get the return of the return passage book.
- In this, when the course is completed, then the return journey of the award winner is booked by the Indian Mission.
- Under the National Overseas Scholarship, if a student has stayed for more than a month without any specific purpose, then in this situation his claim of the return route is forfeited by the mission at government expense.
Important Instructions Regarding the Application Procedure
- The National Overseas Scholarship will be advertised through newspapers and other media.
- Apart from this, the portal will accept the application every year for a period of 30 days from April.
- Under this, only online applications will be considered by the government in the first round of selection for providing scholarships.
- Under the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS), applicants whose applications are incomplete will be canceled by the government.
- In this, only complete online applications will be considered for the award by the Central Government.
- If the slots remain vacant in the first phase of the selection of the scholarship, it will be open again every quarter for a period of 30 days till the slots are filled under it.
- Under this, when it will be seen that all the slots have been filled, the portal will not be opened again.
Selection Procedure Under National Overseas Scholarship
- Applicants who have received an offer of unconditional admission from one of the top 1000 ranked foreign institutions or universities will be the first to be considered under this scholarship.
- Under this, the request for change of institution or university will not be considered by the Central Government.
- The merit list of qualified candidates for each round of selection will be prepared as per the latest available QS ranking of the foreign university or institute.
- In this, the scholarship will be provided by the government in order, in addition to this, applicants who have offer letters from a high ranked university or institute will be given a high place in the merit list.
- The qualifying position will be decided if there is a tie between the QS ranking of two or more candidates on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in the qualifying examination.
- Under this, in the fourth round, those candidates who have received or applied for unconditional admission offer, but have not yet obtained admission in the institute or university, will be eligible for the award of scholarship under it after the third round. In the event of non-selection of the candidates, it will be considered. Even if the university or institution is not in the top 1000 QS ranking.
- Under the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS), all the online applications of the candidate will be placed before the Selection-cum-Screening Committee so that they can mark their recommendation for selection and ranking.
- Such candidates who have obtained admission in a foreign university or institute and those selected candidates will be given the final award for the scholarship letter.
- Provisional assurance letter will be provided to all the candidates who have not got admission in the foreign university or institute.
- All those applicants who have been awarded under the scholarship scheme, will have to join the said course within a period of three years, if they join the said course within a period of three years, then in such a situation the award of scholarship will be canceled. will be done.
- Under this scholarship, if any applicant is provided provisional assurance by the government, then this assurance letter will be valid for one year only.
- It will be mandatory for those candidates who receive provisional assurance to receive an unconditional offer of admission within one year.
- In this, if such candidates are not able to receive the unconditional offer of admission within the specified time, then the letter of assurance will be canceled, and any request made by the government under it will not be considered for extension of assurance.
Benefits of National Overseas Scholarship (NOS)
- The Government of India has started the National Overseas Scholarship to provide the benefit of scholarship to the eligible students.
- Under the National Overseas Scholarship, eligible students will get the benefit of financial assistance for higher education.
- This scheme will prove beneficial in improving the economic and social status of the students.
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to the students of Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Laborers and Traditional Artisan Classes living in the country.
- If the students of all sections of the country are educated, then the unemployment rate in the country will also decrease.
- Scholarships through the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) offer up to 100 scholarships, subject to availability of funds.
- Students who want to pursue their education in a PhD or Masters course by going abroad, and are not able to. He can go abroad by taking advantage of this scheme.
- The benefit of scholarship is reserved by the government for 30% of women candidates, so that women can also take advantage of it.
National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
To take advantage of this scholarship facility, the applicant has to follow the eligibility criteria mentioned below:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India, only then he will be able to take advantage of this facility.
- It will be mandatory for the applicant to obtain 60% marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination to be held under the facility.
- The scholarship qualifying exam for PhD courses is Master’s degree and for Master’s degree the qualifying exam is Bachelor’s degree if you want to avail scholarship.
- Applicant’s age should not be more than 35 years for this scholarship.
- Under the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS), the family income of the applicant from all sources should not exceed Rs.8 lakh.
- According to the income of the in-laws and her husband and children below the age of 18 years if the woman applying for the scholarship is married.
- Only two children of the family will be eligible to get the benefit of this scheme, and for this they are required to submit self-certification.
- No candidate will be eligible for the scholarship for the second time. Its benefit will be provided only once.
NOS Scholarship Application Required Documents
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Bank account copy
- Qualifying exam mark sheet
- Proof of residence
- Age proof
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
Procedure to Apply Under National Overseas Scholarship (NOS)
All the interested students of the country who want to apply to take advantage of this scholarship, they will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the National Overseas Scholarship. After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “Login” option. After that, the next page will open in front of you.
- On this page you have to click on the “Register Yourself” option. After that a form will open in front of you.
- In this, you have to fill in all the details asked, such as: your name, mobile number, email id etc. After filling the information, you have to upload all the required documents, and click on the “Register” button.
- Your login credentials will be generated on your mobile number and mail id, with the help of which you have to click on the “Login” option from the homepage.
- Along with entering your “User ID Password”, you have to fill in the captcha code, and click on the “Sign In” button.
- Now you have to click on the option “Apply under National Overseas Scholarship” on this new page, after that the application form will appear in front of you.
- You have to enter all the required details in this application form, upload all the required documents, and click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally by following this process you will be able to make your application under the National Overseas Scholarship.
Procedure to Login To The Portal
- First of all you have to visit the official website of the National Overseas Scholarship. After this the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the login option. After this the next page will open in front of you.
- Here you have to enter the details of the asked information like- User ID, Password and Captcha code etc.
- Now you have to click on the sign in option. You can login by following this procedure.
Procedure to View Contact Details
- First of all you have to visit the official website of the National Overseas Scholarship. After this the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of Contact Us. After this the next page will open in front of you.
- Here the contact details will be displayed in front of you, by following this process you can see the contact details.