National Overseas Scholarship Apply Online | National Overseas Scholarship Scheme for SC/ST Registration | NOS Scholarship Selection
For the purpose of educating every single student of the country, the government is always working, and keeps on organizing new schemes. On this path the Government of India has launched the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme, under which the students of Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomads, Semi-nomadic tribes, landless agricultural laborers and traditional artisans will be provided the benefit of scholarship for pursuing higher education. Through the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS), deserving students will be able to get education abroad. Every information related to this scholarship has been included in this article. Any student who wants to enroll himself to take advantage of the NOS Scholarship, read this article completely from beginning to end. [Also Read- Khelo India Youth Games 2022 Registration: Eligibility, Entry Form & Schedule]
National Overseas Scholarship (NOS)
The National Overseas Scholarship is a scholarship facility, which has been started by the Government of India. The benefit of this scholarship will be given to those students whose family income is less and they belong to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes. There are many such students in the country who despite being promising are unable to complete their education due to financial constraints, and for such students, the government has started the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS). Under this scholarship scheme 100 scholarships are offered every year, which include Master’s courses and PHD etc. To fulfill these financial assistance is provided by the government. Every year 30% of the scholarship benefits are reserved for women candidates under the National Overseas Scholarship. [Also Read- EWS Certificate: Apply Online, Fee, Validity & Application Status]
National Overseas Scholarship for The Selected Year 2021-22 (1st list)
The portal of National Overseas Scholarship will be open from 1st September 2021 to 15th October 2021. Any interested person who wants to get benefits under this scheme can apply online on the first portal before 15 October. Along with this, the interested candidate must read the necessary guidelines for this before applying. Under this scheme, only those candidates will be selected who are pursuing post graduate level courses and Ph.D. Doing from institutions recognized by the government or taking education from a university which is recognized by an authorized body of that country in the field of study abroad. Only then the student will be made a beneficiary under this scheme. [Also read- Agneepath Scheme 2022: Apply Online, Agniveer Army Recruitment Eligibility, Full Details]
Overview of National Overseas Scholarship Scheme
|Scholarship Name||National Overseas Scholarship|
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||SC, ST and Other Lower Class Students|
|Objective||To Encourage Education by Giving Benefit of Scholarship|
|Category||Central Government Schemes|
Objective of National Overseas Scholarship
With the aim of reducing the increasing unemployment in the country as well as educating the students, the Government of India has launched the National Overseas Scholarship which will be able to take advantage of the lower class students living in the country. Under this scholarship, financial assistance will be provided by the government to all the beneficiaries. Through which students will be able to take advantage of higher level education by going abroad. Through the NOS Scholarship (NOS), all the expenses from tuition fees to studies will be borne by the government. With the benefit of this scholarship, all the students will be able to shape their future which will also improve the financial condition of their family. [Also Read- E Sanjeevani OPD: Patient Registration, esanjeevaniopd.in Mobile App]
Category Wise Distribution of Slots
|Denotified, nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes||06|
|landless agricultural laborers and traditional artisans||04|
Financial Aid Under the National Overseas Scholarship
|Type of assistance||Countries other than the United States and the United Kingdom||United Kingdom|
|Annual Maintenance Allowance||15400 U.S. Dollar||9900 great british pound|
|contingency allowance||1500 U.S. Dollar||1100 great british pound|
|tuition fee||Actual as charge||Actual as charge|
|visa fees||Actual Visa Fee in Indian Rupees||Actual Visa Fee in Indian Rupees|
|medical insurance premium||Actual as charge||Actual as charge|
|Accidental Traveling Allowance and Equipment Allowance||USD 20 for each or its equivalent in Indian Rupees||USD 20 for each or its equivalent in Indian Rupees|
|make election||Actual as charge||Actual as charge|
|Air travel||Shortest route to India’s educational institution by air to nearby destination and return to India via economy class and arrangement with national carrier||Shortest route to India’s educational institution by air to nearby destination and return to India via economy class and arrangement with national carrier|
- Books, necessary equipment, study rounds, travel costs for participating in workshops and subject-related conferences etc. have been allowed, fees charged by educational institutions and universities include student service fees, student facility fees, service facilities. Fees should be present in the application. Examination fees, fees etc. Fees for learning English or any other language before taking admission in the course, or in the middle of the course will not be provided under this scheme.
- The winner made under this scheme can fulfill his fixed allowance like research or education assistant.
- Apart from this, through the scheme, the fare of second, coach class railway is also given for the place of education abroad and back.
Some Special Points About National Overseas Scholarship
- If any of the selected persons is absent in a particular year corresponding to the category listed, then the award for that year will be given to the candidate of any other category.
- Under this, if female candidates are not present, then unused slots will be provided to male candidates. In this scheme, 30% of the entire scholarship has been earmarked for female applicants.
- Apart from this, no subject of graduation has been included in the syllabus under this scheme.
- Under this scholarship scheme, those students who are already studying abroad will not be eligible to apply for this scheme.
- If a candidate has a conditional offer of admission in the top 1000 ranked institutes or universities as per the latest availability QS ranking, then the candidate will be selected for grant of scholarship to the students during the first three rounds of scholarship out of all the four rounds.
- The selection priority in the middle of the fourth round will be as follows –
- Applicants who must have presented an unconditional admit card from the top 1000 QS ranking institute in the fourth round.
- Such students who have presented the application certificate of any type of cycle in any recognized institute.
- And that applicant should have presented an unconditional admit card in another recognized institute in the previous year or current cycle.
- If any kind of financial situation is mentioned in the admit card like depositing fees or any other amount then it will not be accepted at once for considering the application.
Benefits of National Overseas Scholarship (NOS)
- The Government of India has started the National Overseas Scholarship to provide the benefit of scholarship to the eligible students.
- Under the National Overseas Scholarship, eligible students will get the benefit of financial assistance for higher education.
- This scheme will prove beneficial in improving the economic and social status of the students.
- The benefit of this scheme will be provided to the students of Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribes, Landless Agricultural Laborers and Traditional Artisan Classes living in the country.
- If the students of all sections of the country are educated, then the unemployment rate in the country will also decrease.
- Scholarships through the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS) offer up to 100 scholarships, subject to availability of funds.
- Students who want to pursue their education in a PhD or Masters course by going abroad, and are not able to. He can go abroad by taking advantage of this scheme.
- The benefit of scholarship is reserved by the government for 30% of women candidates, so that women can also take advantage of it.
National Overseas Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
To take advantage of this scholarship facility, the applicant has to follow the eligibility criteria mentioned below:-
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India, only then he will be able to take advantage of this facility.
- It will be mandatory for the applicant to obtain 60% marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination to be held under the facility.
- The scholarship qualifying exam for PhD courses is Master’s degree and for Master’s degree the qualifying exam is Bachelor’s degree if you want to avail scholarship.
- Applicant’s age should not be more than 35 years for this scholarship.
- Under the National Overseas Scholarship (NOS), the family income of the applicant from all sources should not exceed Rs.8 lakh.
- According to the income of the in-laws and her husband and children below the age of 18 years if the woman applying for the scholarship is married.
- Only two children of the family will be eligible to get the benefit of this scheme, and for this they are required to submit self-certification.
- No candidate will be eligible for the scholarship for the second time. Its benefit will be provided only once.
NOS Scholarship Application Required Documents
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Bank account copy
- Qualifying exam mark sheet
- Proof of residence
- Age proof
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
Procedure to Apply Under National Overseas Scholarship (NOS)
All the interested students of the country who want to apply to take advantage of this scholarship, they will have to follow the simple procedure given below:-
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the National Overseas Scholarship. After this, the homepage of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the “Login” option. After that, the next page will open in front of you.
- On this page you have to click on the “Register Yourself” option. After that a form will open in front of you.
- In this, you have to fill in all the details asked, such as: your name, mobile number, email id etc. After filling the information, you have to upload all the required documents, and click on the “Register” button.
- Your login credentials will be generated on your mobile number and mail id, with the help of which you have to click on the “Login” option from the homepage.
- Along with entering your “User ID Password”, you have to fill in the captcha code, and click on the “Sign In” button.
- Now you have to click on the option “Apply under National Overseas Scholarship” on this new page, after that the application form will appear in front of you.
- You have to enter all the required details in this application form, upload all the required documents, and click on the “Submit” button.
- Finally by following this process you will be able to make your application under the National Overseas Scholarship.