PMMSY Application form | PM Matsya Sampada Yojana Apply Online | Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana Registration | PMMSY Guidelines PDF
Various schemes have been started by the central government to solve the problem of increasing unemployment in India. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is also one of these schemes, which has been started by the central government under the Atma-Nirbhar Bharat initiative. Through this scheme, the condition of the fisheries sector is to be improved and developed. Today, with the help of this article, we will share with you all the necessary information related to Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), such as- Purpose, Benefits, Features, Eligibility Criteria, Documents Required, Application Process etc. If you also want to get all the important information related to this scheme, then stay connected with us till the end. [Also Read- Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS): Book Appointment, CGHS Card Renewal]
About Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2023
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) was started on 10th September 2020 by Honorable Narendra Modi ji through video conferencing. Under this scheme, the income of fishermen will be doubled by increasing fish production and exports, so that their economic condition will be strengthened and the standard of living can also improve. The tenure of this scheme has been fixed for 5 years from 2020-2021 to 2024-2025, through which the fisheries sector will be upgraded. The central government has allocated a budget of Rs 20,050 crore for the smooth operation of this scheme. Along with this, employment opportunities will be made available directly and indirectly in the fisheries sector with the help of this scheme. [Also Read- Covishield Certificate Download at cowin.gov.in (COVID-19 Certificate)]
PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
The list of budget of about Rs 20,000 crore has been provided under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana, under this scheme the list of budget has been provided by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman. In addition, through this budget, the infrastructure gap will be addressed for the fisheries sector. Along with this, information has also been provided that this uplift to be received under this is sent by the government as the third installment of news financial changes. Out of the budget of Rs 20,000 crore, Rs 9000 crore will be used to lay the foundations of certain things like angling harbor and cold chain etc and the remaining Rs 11,000 crore will be spent on exercises in marine, inland fisheries and aquaculture. (Also read- Digital Police Portal: Complaint Registration, Login @ digitalpolice.gov.in)
Overview of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana|
|Scheme Name||By Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiaries||Fishermen and people of the fisheries sector|
|Objective||To improve the fishing sector and assist the fisherman|
|Benefits||Improvement in fish productivity, aquaculture production and fishermen’s condition|
|Category||Central Government Schemes|
Objective of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2023
The main objective of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) launched by the Central Government is to bring progress in the fisheries sector and increase the income of fishermen. Through this scheme, fish production and export will be promoted, so that direct and indirect employment opportunities can be made available in the fisheries sector. Under this scheme of the central government, social, physical and financial security will be provided to the fishermen and fish farmers.Along with this, entrepreneurship in the fisheries sector will also be promoted through this scheme. Through this scheme of the central government, the people related to the fisheries sector will be financially strengthened and their standard of living will also be increased. [Also Read- PMJAY CSC: Registration, Login, Download Ayushman Card | Mera PMJAY]
More than 29 Lakh Farmers Benefitted through the Scheme
The central government has said that 29 lakh farmers have benefited through this scheme so far. The main objective of the Central Government through the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is to bring progress in the fisheries sector and increase the income of fishermen. India’s Minister of State for Food Processing Industries Prahlad Singh Patel ji has also shared this information that there are 20 fully / operational mega food parks available in our country, and 41 food parks have been approved. With this, the work of 258 integrated cold chains in the country has been almost completed and 349 have been approved.
The Ministry of Food Processing has also conducted an evaluation study for the relevant component of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2023. The study revealed that the scheme resulted in an increase of 12.38% in farm gate prices. With this, on average, more than 9500 farmers are expected to benefit. Earlier this scheme was approved in May 2017 for the period 2016-20 only, but now this scheme will attract investment of Rs.11.095 crores. Which will be able to benefit 2849945 farmers in the country by the year 2025-26. [Also Read- ehrms upsdc.gov.in Registration, Login, eHRMS Manav Sampada UP]
Implementation of PMMSY Scheme
Under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana 2023, a budget of Rs 31,400 crore 6000 has been made by the central government. Under this, about 334 lakh metric tonnes of agricultural produce will be treated at a cost of Rs 1 lakh 4 thousand 125 crore. Apart from this, about 2 million cattle farmers will be able to benefit from the fishery under this scheme. Along with this, about 5 lakh 30 thousand will be done in the country in 2019-2020 for the production of immediate or backhand work by the government. Under this, a target has been set by the administration for fish production, that goal is to achieve the target of 15 million tonnes under the Blue Revolution by 2020 and it can be increased to 20 million tonnes by 2023.
Implementation of Guidelines Under PM Matsya Sampada Yojana
The operational guidelines for Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) have been issued by the officials on 30th June 2020. Under this scheme, investment of Rs.9407 crore will be done by the Central Government and Rs.4,880 crore will be invested by the State Government, under which the contribution of 5763 crore beneficiaries will be made. The guidelines issued under PM Matsya Sampada Yojana are as follows.
- Cluster or region-based approach will be used by the government for implementation of the scheme to achieve optimum results with requisite forward, backward linkage, end-to-end solutions.
- In order to increase the production and productivity, quality, productive use of wasteland water, many technologies like recirculatory aquaculture system, biofloc, aquaponics, cage culture etc. will be used for aquaculture.
- Apart from this, special attention will be given by the government on the development of cold water fisheries in brackish areas and brackish water, expansion of aquaculture under this scheme.
- Under this, activities like marine agriculture, seaweed cultivation and ornamental fisheries will be encouraged to generate huge employment opportunities.
- Under PM Matsya Sampada Yojana, activities like marine agriculture, seaweed cultivation and ornamental fisheries will be encouraged to generate huge employment opportunities.
- In this, the development of region-specific development plans on fisheries with special focus will be provided in Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Islands, North East and Aspirational Districts.
- Under this scheme the coastal fishing community will be developed by integrated modern coastal fishing villages with the necessary infrastructure as a whole.
- Under the guidelines of this scheme by the central government, it has also been said that mobilization will be done through fish farmer producer organizations to increase the bargaining power of fishermen and fish farmers.
- Aquapark will be developed as a hub for various fisheries activities/ facilities under this scheme.
- The establishment of Fisheries Incubation Centers (FICs) will be supported under the scheme through both the government and private sectors.
- The scheme has been launched to strengthen research and extension support services, creating requisite convergence with the Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE) and ICAR.
- The guidelines of the scheme also stipulate that annual livelihood support will be provided to fishermen etc. during the restriction/lean period.
Other Openings Related to The Fisheries Sector
- Under the Blue Revolution under the fisheries sector, the inauguration of ‘Fish on Wheels’ in Patna has been assisted by two units.
- A fish brood bank has been established in the fisheries area at Sitamarhi.
- In addition, the Aquatic Diseases Referral Laboratory has been established at Kishanganj.
- One Unit Fish Feed Mill has been inaugurated in Madhepura under Blue Revolution.
- The Center for Comprehensive Fish Production Technology at Central Agricultural University, Pusa, Bihar has been established by Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
Components of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana has been started by the government with the aim of improving the fisheries department of the country, the components of this scheme are as follows.
- Central sector plan
- Centrally sponsored scheme
Certificate Course for Fisheries Education Started
Various schemes have been started by the central and state governments with the aim of expanding the area of fisheries. Through these schemes, now the farmers of Bihar state will be able to export their fish to other states, which will meet the growing shortage of fish in other states. The students of the Fisheries College of Arabia have been informed about the contribution made by the state government to facilitate fish education. will be started. After this announcement, the future plans have already been prepared by the college officials. For the purpose of operating this scheme, the development of manpower and other resources will be completed soon by the government. Through this, fisheries colleges will be able to get more information in the field of fisheries, which will prove to be effective for the students in future. [Also read- Agneepath Scheme 2023: Apply Online, Agniveer Army Recruitment Eligibility, Full Details]
Target of Prime Minister Matsya Sampada Yojana
- The main target of this scheme is to invest Rs.20050 crore in the ecosystem, which will benefit the fishermen of the country.
- Apart from this, the target of this scheme is to increase the fish production from 13.75 million metric tons to 22 million metric tons.
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana also aims to double the export earnings from Rs.46k crore to 100K crore.
- Reducing post-harvest losses from 20-25% to 10% is an important goal of the scheme. Doubling the income of farmer brothers through fishermen and fish etc.
- To generate 15 lakh direct gainful employment opportunities and three times as many indirect employment opportunities.
- Facilitating the development of entrepreneurship and besides facilitating private investment in the fisheries sector.
- The scheme also aims to increase the contribution of the fisheries sector in agricultural GVA from 7.28% to about 9%.
- An important goal of the scheme is to rationalize the consumption of domestic fish from 5 kg to 12 kg per person.
Benefits and Features of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana has been started by the Central Government, through which the fisheries sector will be upgraded.
- Under this scheme better cost will be provided to the fishermen and people related to the fisheries sector, so that their income can be doubled.
- Through this scheme, about 55 lakh employment opportunities will be provided directly and indirectly in the fisheries sector and allied activities.
- Under this scheme, the central government has set a target to increase the fish production by an additional 70 lakh tonnes.
- Through this scheme, fish export earnings will also be increased up to Rs 1,00,000 crore.
- With the help of this scheme, the existing structure of the chain from ranch entryway to retail outlet will be revamped.
- Under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), fishermen and fish farmers will be provided social, physical and financial security.
- The facility of Active Fisheries Management and administrative structure will also be provided through this scheme.
- With the help of this scheme of the central government, the huge wastage of horticulture commodities will be reduced.
- Through this scheme development, elevation, expansion and beneficial use of land and water will be done, which will improve fish production and efficiency.
- Under this scheme GDP, employment and enterprise will be created and agriculture GVA and commitment to rent will also be improved.
Beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY)
- Fish farmers
- The Fish workers and Fish vendors
- Fisheries Development corporations
- Self Help Groups (SHGs)/Joint Liability Groups (JLGs) in fisheries sector
- Fisheries cooperatives
- Fisheries Federations
- Entrepreneurs and private firms
- Fish Farmers Producer Organizations/Companies (FFPOs/Cs)
- SCs/STs/Women/Differently abled persons
- State Governments/UTs and their entities including
- State Fisheries Development Boards (SFDB)
- Central Government and its entities
Procedure to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
To apply under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY), people related to the fishermen and fisheries sector of the country will have to follow the following procedures:-
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of NFDB. Now the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On the homepage of the website, you have to click on the option of “Template” under the “Quick Links” section given at the bottom.
- Now a new page will be displayed in front of you. On this new page you have to click on the option “Template for preparation of DPR for Fisheries Projects” given on the left side. Now you have to download the application form by clicking on any one option out of the given two options as per your wish.
- After this, you have to enter the details of all the necessary information asked in the application form. Now you have to upload all the important documents asked for.
- Now you have to submit your DPR along with supporting documents to NFDB and Fisheries Department. You must note that two copies of the DPR should be sent to NFDB and one copy should be sent to DoF.
All the necessary information about this scheme has been provided in this article. Still, you can contact your District Fisheries Officer to know other information related to this scheme. For this, one can contact the number managed by the National Board of Fisheries – NFDB.
- Contact Number – 1800-425-1660
What is Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana has been issued by the government with the aim of improving the fisheries department of the country.
Who has started the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana has been started by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
What does the mean of PMMSY?
PMMSY is the short name of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana.
Explain the implementation period of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana ?
The implementation period of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana is proposed for five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25.
PMMSY is looked after by which department?
PMMSY is supervised by the Department of Fisheries, Government of India.
What are the main objectives of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
The main objective of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is to improve fish and aquaculture production and the condition of fishermen in the country.
Tell about the components of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is divided into two components:- Central Sector and Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
What is the estimated budget under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
The estimated budget under the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana is Rs.20050 crore.
What is the eligibility criteria under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana?
The eligibility criteria under Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana are as follows:-
All the fishermen of the country who are 18 years of age are eligible to take advantage of this scheme.
What is the process to apply for PM Matsya Sampada Yojana?
To apply for PM Matsya Sampada Yojana the interested beneficiary has to visit its official website. Other information is explained in detail in the above article.
Where to submit your Detailed Project Report (DPR)?
Two copies of their Detailed Project Report (DPR) have to be submitted to NFDB and one copy to the Department of Fisheries.
Tell the helpline number of PM Matsya Sampada Yojana.
The toll-free number 1800-425-1660 managed by NFDB can be used to contact the District Fisheries Officer.