Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme Apply | OUWE Odisha | ULB Odisha Registration | Application form UWEI Odisha
Citizens are facing many problems in different areas due to several weeks of lockdown across the country due to COVID-19 and various restrictions on work premises. The daily wage workers are among the most affected citizens due to this lockdown in the state of Odisha. The state government has started Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme 2023 to help the laborers, laborers and daily wage laborers suffering due to the lockdown imposed during covid-19. Today, with the help of this article, we will tell you about all the information related to this scheme, such as:- Purpose of the scheme, benefits, features, eligibility criteria, documents required, process of applying etc. [Also read- Odisha Labour Card List 2023: District Wise Beneficiary Status]
Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme 2023
In the time of coronavirus infection, the daily wage laborers of the state are facing difficulties for their livelihood. Due to the lockdown by the state government, they are not getting employment opportunities, due to which there is no source of income. In view of these problems, the Chief Minister, Hon’ble Naveen Patnaik has started the Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme. Under this scheme, employment opportunities will be provided to the daily wage laborers affected by the lockdown. Various works like cleanliness campaign, construction of roads and toilets, repair of water bodies will be done by these daily wage laborers by the government. The beneficiary laborers were paid every week by the state government to provide them financial stability.[Also read- Madhu Babu Pension Yojana: Application Form, Track Status & Beneficiary List]
Overview of Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme
|Scheme Name||Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme|
|Launched By||Cheif Minister Of Odisha Government|
|Beneficiaries||Daily wagers, labourers and workers|
|Objective||To provide job to the beneficiaries during the COVID-19 pandemic|
|Category||Odisha Government Scheme|
Implementation of Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme 2023
- Odisha state government has started Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme in collaboration with Mission Shakti Department. Also the department and concerned ULB Odisha has implemented this scheme smoothly in the entire state of Odisha.
- Under this scheme, a budget of Rs 100 crore was earmarked to cover about 4.5 lakh families of the state.
- A total of 114 urban local bodies were covered under this scheme of the state government.
- The payment provided to the economically weaker and workers was directly transferred to their bank accounts at the end of every week.
- This scheme of Odisha government is 100% funded by the state government and is funded by unnati and jag schemes are used.
- Under this scheme some women self help groups have also helped in implementing this scheme.
Benefits of Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme
The Odisha government had announced a budget of Rs 2,200 crore for the more unfortunate areas of the state. Under the Department of Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare, an assistance of Rs 1,000 will be provided to each of the 94 lakh recipients, along with an assistance of Rs 1,500 each. 22 lakh development labourers, Rs 3,000 each announced for funding of 65,000 street traders in 114 urban neighborhood bodies to manage the COVID-19 lockdown. [Also read- |Apply| KALIA Scholarship: Application Form, Eligibility & Status]
- It will be mandatory for the interested applicant to be a permanent resident of the state of Odisha.
- Only daily wage labourers of urban areas will be eligible to apply under this scheme.
- Only unemployed workers will be included under this scheme of Odisha State Government.
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID card
- Permanent residence certificate
- Applicant’s Labor Card (if avliable)
Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme Apply Online
Citizens willing to apply under the Odisha Urban Wage Employment Scheme will have to wait a little longer. The state government has not yet declared the detailed notification of this scheme for the general public, but it is being said that the authority itself will visit every district of the state of Odisha and search for the beneficiaries. As soon as any official information is announced by the state government to apply under this scheme, we will inform you through our article immediately. [Also Read- Odisha Free Laptop Distribution 2023: Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Final List]